IGNORED

Motorcycle Jacks

TopV

Ok folks

Looking to buy a jack for my venture. Visited hobour freight ans look at diffrent jacks, was wondering if anyone has tried them and how the work with this bike. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks Joe

ANY motorcycle jack works with this bike but the Harbor Freight jack is about the lowest cost option. it is currenlty on sale for UD$80 and they will normally take 20% off of that price if you use a coupon. This is the jack I have.

CarbonOne makes a jack adapter that make lifing these bikes a DREAM!!!!

He usually has them listed in the calassifed section.

Click HERE to go to the ad.

It is on my Christmass list.....

Because of my "Little Shop By The Creek", I have Lifted close to 900 motorcycles of different types, and 500 were First and Second Gen. Ventures, RSV's and RSTD's. NONE of the jacks available will lift a Second Gen. RSV or RSTD (or RSTC for that matter) without some sort of adapter, (or at least a couple of specially placed 2x4's) I use the Craftsman Professional currently because it moves nicely in close quarters, is activated just like my car jack, and is stable with a large motorcycle on it. I believe that harbor freight has one close to the Craftsman, and it is $25.00 less. I use mine way too much to sweat a few bucks on a "china made" jack. But if I only used it a few times a year, I could understand why a few dollars would make a difference.:thumbsup2:

Earl

I have both a Sears (Craftsman) and a Pitbull. They both work great witht the carbonone life adaptor. The pitbull is a tad bit more secure and lifts about 3 inches higher, but I didn't find anything the craftsman couldn't do.

I have the Harbor Freight jack and it works fine with my jack adapter that I built for the RSV & RSTD used it to replace my front tire and did some cleaning on the bike while in the air sure did wonders for my knee's too no more crawling around on the floor doing chrome shine.

Like stated you will need a adapter for the Venture or RSTD "NO" cycle jack will work until you have a adapter for it......

Buddy