IGNORED

Alternative fog light mounting

Several years ago I went to Walmart and picked up a couple of fog/running lights for about $16. I mounted them in the front vents which are useless to me with the lower fairings removed and I really like how well they work. They give a good pattern out to about 100 feet and also give good light down around my feet. Since I have them wired to the battery thru a fuse and switch, if for some reason I blew the main 40 amp fuse, which I did once, I still have lights and I think that is a great safety feature.

I also upgraded my MKI headlight to a MKII light assemble and with a PIAA headlight bulb, I actually have pretty good lights for an 83 model.

RandyA

Now that's a pretty decent mod, Randy! Myself I used a set of Squidley mounts only mounted them different than designed. I agree, why use expensive motorcycle passing lamps when Wally World lamps work just as good for a lot less bucks!!

Hey Randy,

I really think you were thinking "Out of the Box" with this location. What a good Idea.

I had the Ventureline Brackets on my 87'VR and chose to run a pair of lights on each side, an LED Spot light on top and a Amber Halagen on the bottom. I have since added a blue LED to the intake vent under the headlight which pretty much gives me a "light show" at night.

Thanks for sharing the pics, and your cool ideas,:thumbsup2:

Earl