IGNORED

Finally ready for road, need vent

Been working on this since Oct 09, Finally ready to try out on road-maybe tomorrow. Didn't take before pic, but was busted up plastic all black like bags. Still need to paint bags to match rest of plastic. I can see small problems with my paint job, but for most part I think it looks great.

Anyone have a right hand dash vent that I am missing?

Let me check my spare parts tomorrow. I think I have an extra right side that is in good shape. I'll post by tomorrow night.

I lost my left one on the the first test ride I ever took ofter I got mine running. Never noticed it until the next morning. Makes for a rather nice looking hole. LOL!

Mike

Not sure what decal you mean, pin stripe?, Yes I painted pin stripe, gold with metal flake, tan with pearl, and eagle with 4 colors and 4 colored pearls. Final 3 layers of clear with color sanding in between. Removed badges and painted and reinstalled with auto molding adhesive. All this after bunch of plastic repair mostly melting (from inside) with solding gun, adding plastic as needed, and large damage with fiberglass inside for reinforcement, then bondo and sanding to outside scratches-dings, then overall outside sanding to roughen up for painting. Paints not perfect, but neither am I a painter, I'm very safisified.

Took about 2 months to get plastic this far, still have bags to go.

All this after about 6 months and $1000 parts to repair bike and get running. Glad I only give $300 to start with.

Can read some of my old posts, with all the troubles I had, But this FORUM is great.

Thank you for comments, and thank you the many members who have helped me with all my problems.

:thumbsup2:

Rode the venture to work today for first trip. Awsome!! Only about 30 miles on it, have oil leak to track down when I have time, Looks like left hand alternator cover-maybe from center badge-crank bolt access. Also had problem with false tank cover lifting in front-rear secured with proper screw, may try velcro to help hold it down. Slight backfire on decel. Mirrors shake slightly at idle, is this normal? or do I have a slight miss? Not enough miles to check plugs yet. Smooth at RPM and sure wants to gooooo.:thumbsup2:

One thing I haven't seen discussed on forum, and it felt really wierd to me at first-most have probably forgotten about it, but after riding 750 and 350 for years, this is my first ride on a bike with farings, or windshield for that matter. Bothered me that I can not see my front wheel. Sort of got over it after about 10 minutes.

Also felt pulling to the rear on my helmet. I'm sure windshield creating vacum behind me and pulling. Went away when I stuck head above windshield. Not to hard to get used to.

Topic for discussion for new dressed riders?:witch_brew: