IGNORED

Whats in your tool bag?

I asked this at maint day of muffin man (think thats right) but I didn't have a pen.

Was curious what was in your tool bag when you traveled. I am not a competent mechanic, but I still like the idea of having the tools if I get stuck so that if a competent person came by that wanted to help would have the tools.

Thanks folks.

Bob

I usually carry 2 small pouches in the saddle bag an assortment of wrenches ,emergancy tireplug kit (hopefully just to get me to a new tire!!)

Screw drivers , tie wraps, adjustable wrench, carb sycn. assortment of sockets.

Sounds like a lot but it is pretty compact.

When we pull the trailer I made a shadow board for the tools that is under a false floor. (I have a Tag-along trailer) If I need more then this assortment of tools I have Roadside service!!

See pictures below

About the same as Sling.

Couple of screw drivers Phillips and straight blade, full set of ball metric allen wrenches, few open end/box end metric wrenches (8 10 12 14 17MM), 6" and 4" adjustable wrench, cutting pliers, small Vise grips, T handle with 8 10 and 12MM sockets, fuses, small coil of wire, wire nuts, tape, tyraps, tire plug kit, small DC air compressor (make sure you fully test it before you load it) and a small bottle of Slime...

And a prayer everyday that I need none of it.

All the tools and stuff I can put in a pouch 4" x 7" x 2". The compressor and slime came in a pouch about 6x6x2

If I cannot get it back up with this stuff...call roadside assistance or a buddy and wait.

Allen wrenches, assortment of screw drivers. blacktape, zip ties, multi-meter, stubby wrench set, small socket set, shrink tubing, wire crimps and crimping tool, pliers, needle nose, small set of vise grips, knife, small spool of 16g wire, set of tool picks, 8' of 1/8" bungee cords, 4' of house wire for snaking purposes, latex gloves, small bottle of Go-Jo, fuses, extra fuse link, tire repair kit, and a few more misc. tools. All fit into a 9" x 9" x 4" pouch. Not in pouch, HD air pump for shocks (was given too me by a someone whom I helped out stranded on side of road), 2 Cool vest, cell phone charger, 2- orange reflective vest, LED flashlight that is multi-function w/strobe features, 2- 3 legged chairs, Bungee cords, large sealed bag of BEEF JERKY, 2 sets of rain gear, , extra eyewear (clear and shades), wet wipes, small first aid kit and tourniquet, can of Sea-Foam, small can of Pledge and micro-clothes and kick stand pad. Still have plenty of room for other gear! Personal Protection and Cell phone always stays on me as well as a small peice of bungee cord in my vest pocket for use as a tourniquet when if thrown from the scoot.

In the BEERCART, Slime air compressor, ball peen hammer, tire tool, extra straps and bungee cords, built in ice chest as well as a collapsible cooler, more chairs, MRE's and snacks, umbrella, additional lawn mower battery which operates the BEERCART's hatch which will also jump the scoot if necessary, extra helmet and clothing for the season, folding work pad I got from HF, poncho liner , large First Aid Kit, and of course.....bottled water , soda and BEER!

Yes I carry a lot of stuff, but you will never know when , where, or how you may find yourself stranded. I carry more as I ride with groups alot . I even got all the Honda and HD dealerships listed on my GPS for all my other friends.

BEER30

Allen wrenches, assortment of screw drivers. blacktape, zip ties, multi-meter, stubby wrench set, small socket set, shrink tubing, wire crimps and crimping tool, pliers, needle nose, small set of vise grips, knife, small spool of 16g wire, set of tool picks, 8' of 1/8" bungee cords, 4' of house wire for snaking purposes, latex gloves, small bottle of Go-Jo, fuses, extra fuse link, tire repair kit, and a few more misc. tools. All fit into a 9" x 9" x 4" pouch. Not in pouch, HD air pump for shocks (was given too me by a someone whom I helped out stranded on side of road), 2 Cool vest, cell phone charger, 2- orange reflective vest, LED flashlight that is multi-function w/strobe features, 2- 3 legged chairs, Bungee cords, large sealed bag of BEEF JERKY, 2 sets of rain gear, , extra eyewear (clear and shades), wet wipes, small first aid kit and tourniquet, can of Sea-Foam, small can of Pledge and micro-clothes and kick stand pad. Still have plenty of room for other gear! Personal Protection and Cell phone always stays on me as well as a small peice of bungee cord in my vest pocket for use as a tourniquet when if thrown from the scoot.

In the BEERCART, Slime air compressor, ball peen hammer, tire tool, extra straps and bungee cords, built in ice chest as well as a collapsible cooler, more chairs, MRE's and snacks, umbrella, additional lawn mower battery which operates the BEERCART's hatch which will also jump the scoot if necessary, extra helmet and clothing for the season, folding work pad I got from HF, poncho liner , large First Aid Kit, and of course.....bottled water , soda and BEER!

Yes I carry a lot of stuff, but you will never know when , where, or how you may find yourself stranded. I carry more as I ride with groups alot . I even got all the Honda and HD dealerships listed on my GPS for all my other friends.

BEER30

HOLY CRAP!!!! Where do you put it all????

I asked this at maint day of muffin man (think thats right) but I didn't have a pen.

Was curious what was in your tool bag when you traveled. I am not a competent mechanic, but I still like the idea of having the tools if I get stuck so that if a competent person came by that wanted to help would have the tools.

Thanks folks.

Bob

You own a first gen! You don't need a tool kit.

Or are you talking about for every other bike you see on the side of the road. :rotfl::rotfl:

BEER30

Did you say beer? Oh, you did include that. Cool, I was afraid you might have miss the most important thing. :)

I asked this at maint day of muffin man (think thats right) but I didn't have a pen. Was curious what was in your tool bag when you traveled. I am not a competent mechanic, but I still like the idea of having the tools if I get stuck so that if a competent person came by that wanted to help would have the tools. Thanks folks. Bob

The tool bag I carry is a typical military shaving kit size canvas bag. I carry two those: One is the First Aid Kit always in the right side bag on top, whilst the tool kit is in the left side, bottom of the bag where it would hopefully not be needed whilst on the road..

In the tool kit are all the tools I would need to perform just about any maintenance I would ever need to do on the road, even as far as getting things ready for a valve adjustment job minus the special tool. You'd be surprised how few tools those are. I do tend to carry a lot more than I need, sometimes duplicates but that's because I've been too lazy to clean out the tool bag this year.. ;)

I like Sling's 'shadow board' cutout idea, you might be able to do such a board for the bottom of the trunk, so that should anything go wrong, you would lift out the panel from the bottom of the trunk and have your tool kit ready and handy.. it would only take less than 1.5 inches of the floor space and not bounce around too heavily like a bag might..

Hmmm Something to look into as a winter work project.. Hmmmm