IGNORED

Oil Filter cross reference

I found a pretty neat motorcycle oil filter cross reference for most bikes. I find it interesting that the Honda 1500 & 1800 use the same filter as our Ventures.

It coincides with my latest acquisition of 8 factory Honda 1500 filters. I shouldn't have to buy any oil filters for at least 8 years -

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

8 oil filters will last 8 years? There for a couple months I once doing an oil change a month!!

I change oil once a year whether it needs it or not - OK sometimes twice a year, I guess last year it was 3 times. had nothing to do with miles, I was trying to get rid of that darn WHINE that is still there. I wonder how many changes it will take to get the motorKote outta my engine ?? I'm starting to get pretty tired of $50 oil changes :bang head:

i just bought the super tech filter at our wal mart yesterday.....

I had just changed my oil and for the first time, I used the Purolator PL 14610 and I am very pleased with it. As for the Supertech Walmart Brand, sounds like a good buy for about 2 dollars.

I personally want redundancy time to time. It can be more beneficial to new members than myself. Think about it, if we didn't have any redundancy...I wouldn't even think of switching to another oil and oil filter. :lightbulb:

I haven't been here as long as most, I thought I was helping. I apologize for the redundancy

you were helping, as I hadnt seen it before. ive been here for awhile and missed it until yesterday. thanks for taking the time to list it.

Around here information is real fluid and it just kinda flows thru so sometimes ya gotta catch it on the second or 3rd time thru.

:smile5:

Brian