IGNORED

Stranded in Lake City Tenn

Well am I bad, I left Canada with what I thought was a ok rear tire.

it seems to have worn a lot faster than I anticipated.

Anybody know of a dealer around Lake City that might have a tire in stock and able to install it

I have tried

Mountain Power Sports 1 40

Good Times

Yamaha of Knoxville.

Perhaps somewhere heading north on 1 75.

Thanks

Bob

I'm about 4 hours south in Georgia. I'm relatively certain I could find a tire and bring it to you to be mounted if you can't find one closer. There is a stocking MC tire shop here in Dahlonega Georgia. http://www.tiretechniciansinc.com/

706-284-2494

About 15 miles from you is:

THOMPSON'S YAMAHA

2915 BAKER HWY

HUNTSVILLE, TN 37756-3807

Ph: 423-663-2222 http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/common/blank.gif

going North up I-75 is:

I-75 YAMAHA

171 N KEENELAND DR

RICHMOND, KY 40475-8687

Ph: 859-626-0663 http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/common/blank.gif

LEXINGTON MOTORSPORTS, LLC.

2049 BRYANT RD

LEXINGTON, KY 40509-9427

Ph: 859-253-0322

Talk to Honda Dealers also asking for the size you need.

Edited by RandyR

Try East TN. Goldwing (865) 558-9564 if they don't have it, they might know who does.

I am in Knoxville (just a few miles from Lake City) if you need help, let me know. My number is in my profile. I work from 8-4:30 so it would have to be after that.

This is why this site is so great.

Randy thanks for the offer to get me tire and deliver it to boot but I will see what i can do in the morning as everyone is closed until the morning.

I was wondering how far I might get on the tire I have. It has about a 3" stretch of threads showing right down the middle.

I have about a 600 mile run home straight up I 75 to Ontario.

I was going to pick up a tire in Cinncintti on my home from Sport Touring. Unfortunatly they do not install tires.

Everyone else who posted a reply thanks and aas I mentioned i will start calling in the morning.

Bob

Well am I bad, I left Canada with what I thought was a ok rear tire. Bob

Silly person, why did you do that? (so says the person who went through the same thing you did last month while traveling from NS to TX lol.. Luckily for me, the friend I was visiting just happened to have THE tire I needed and even went thus far to install it for me.. Great learning experience for when I get my tires done up here.. =)

Best of luck M8.. sounds like you're in one of the areas I was in a few weeks ago on our 12,000 km trip lol..

Port Dover in August..!! woohooo

Good luck getting it fixed up.

Going camping Saturday, pulling a heavy trailer and was concerned about mine. 50 thousands of an inch to the wear bars, so I going to change it tomorrow.

I was going to measure before MD, but forgot, so have no bassis to figure how long that will last.

Brad

This is why this site is so great.

Randy thanks for the offer to get me tire and deliver it to boot but I will see what i can do in the morning as everyone is closed until the morning.

I was wondering how far I might get on the tire I have. It has about a 3" stretch of threads showing right down the middle.

I have about a 600 mile run home straight up I 75 to Ontario.

I was going to pick up a tire in Cinncintti on my home from Sport Touring. Unfortunatly they do not install tires.

Everyone else who posted a reply thanks and aas I mentioned i will start calling in the morning.

Bob

I'm right outside Lexington and I have a new set of Dunlop E3's for a 2nd gen in my garage that I plan to install in a couple of weeks. Unforturnately I can't get away from work in the morning to get it down to you. If you could make it to the I75 Yamaha in Richmond I could probably get away long enough to bring it to you there if needed.

Dennis

Grey ghost....dont chance it! Get a tire there and then you will have the peace of mind. Also it will cost you at least half of what you will pay back home. And you shouldnt have to pay or include it with you declaration as this was a neccessary repair to get you home. Take a pic of your old tire to show those border guys.

Grey ghost....dont chance it! Get a tire there and then you will have the peace of mind. Also it will cost you at least half of what you will pay back home. And you shouldnt have to pay or include it with you declaration as this was a neccessary repair to get you home. Take a pic of your old tire to show those border guys.

BAH border schmorder, its still under the $700 48 hour limit.. ;)

I left home with spanking brand new tires, and came home with spanking brand new tires.. ?

Well made it home this evening. What a change of weather from Louisianna. 104 F there and 68F here in good old Ontario.

I got as far as Richmond on Thursday and stopped in at I 75 Yamaha.

I had about 1" of cord showing in 2 spots when I left Lake city and about 7" by the time I got to Richmond. Boy I can not beleive how fast they go when they are on there final legs.

Dennis offered me to purchase his brand new E3 but unfortunately we could not make it happen Thanks for the offer Dennis.

I 75 Yamaha had a Tire for me but not what I really wanted.

I ended up with a Metzler tire. They had the tire changed out and had me out the door in 2.5 hrs.

Great service but wow what a price.

I guess I am used to doing my own installation. Labour alone was $114.

Never had a Metzler before and have heard good and bad things about them.

I was told they will outlast a Avon but I guess what that means is they have a harder rubber and therefore you will lose grip on wet roads and the twisties.

One good thing about being at the dealer was the fact that there was a dandy thunder storm pass through and I was nice and dry for the whole thing.

One thing for sure I know is that as long as I have my laptop along I am never far from help with Venture riders.org.

Once again thanks for all the advice and offer of assistance.

Bob

Well made it home this evening. What a change of weather from Louisianna. 104 F there and 68F here in good old Ontario.

I got as far as Richmond on Thursday and stopped in at I 75 Yamaha.

One good thing about being at the dealer was the fact that there was a dandy thunder storm pass through and I was nice and dry for the whole thing

Bob

Too much time on your hands there Bob, hope the fence was still up between the Dealership and their "neighbors"