IGNORED

Chrome fairing grill removal

Im new so I guess they are called fairing grills. Im thinking these intake spaces would be a good place for driving/marker lights. After removing the screws, I found something else is holding them. Can somebody tell me how they come out? Thanks ! 1988 VR

Edited by majkongb52

Im new so I guess they are called fairing grills. Im thinking these intake spaces would be a good place for driving/marker lights. After removing the screws, I found something else is holding them. Can somebody tell me how they come out? Thanks

Would be helpful if we knew what kind of scoot you're referring to?

Its a 88 silvt. And if those are chrome intakes at the front of the fairing you have a little cash coming. Those are like gold to the 1st genners! Careful not to mess em up too much.

I am sure you could get a decent price for them on this site.

The vents have tabs on the side opposite the screw to hold that side in place. After you remove the screw you should be able to slide the vent sideways to disengage the tabs.

So, looking at motorcycle from the front: The vent on your left - remove screw, slide vent left and remove. Opposite for right side.

Its a 88 silvt. And if those are chrome intakes at the front of the fairing you have a little cash coming. Those are like gold to the 1st genners! Careful not to mess em up too much.

I am sure you could get a decent price for them on this site.

he mustof edited his original post that I saw ... in any event, the answer has been given ... ;-)

Hey Giga,

Yep, Squidley used to make those brackets. I got a set on mine. Work just fine. However, I may be wrong but I do think he is out of them.

Yup, he cleared out his remaining sets, probably prior to the move.

Also, I don't think anyone else makes them, at least not yet..... :2cents: