IGNORED

Who uses cycling shorts?

Oldslow

I have both true bicycle shorts, and what they call triathlon or tri-shorts... and there is a difference. I have more than 5000 miles (not kilometers) on my race bike and I have quite a few pairs of each.

In triathlons, you swim, then bike, then run.. all in the same pair of shorts (usually). So tri-shorts have a somewhat thinner chamois pad that does not absorb any water/sweat etc. Bike shorts usually have an wide foam pad sewn in, whereas tri-shorts tend to be a pile-type material, cut much smaller and narrower. They may not cushion your nether regions exactly the same as true bike shorts, but they are more comfortable over a long day.

If you are going to a sports/cycling store anyways, I would ask to see a pair of both so you can compare. Both are intended to be used on a narrow bicycle seat... and a motorcycle seat is much wider, so the seams on the bike chamois pad may actually be more of an irritant than you would think at the side of your butt (wouldn't contact on a bicycle seat).

All being said, on long hot rides, I have worn my tri-shorts under my jeans and I was more than comfortable for the day. If you are really concerned about having issues, there are products (likely at the same store that sells bike shorts) to reduce the friction between your posterior and the shorts. There is one called Body Glide (anti-chafing stuff in a stick like deodorant), and a wildly named cream called ChamButtR - which you apply to wherever might chafe. Both last quite a while, are non-scented and well worth the money.

Good luck !

Most of my right thigh is bald. Donated most of the skin to the God's of Blacktop back in another lifetime. Wearing cut-off Levi's when I went down. Never again. I'll sacrafice comfort for safety any day.....

Well, can't speak for the others, Condor, but I'm talking under my long pants, in place of underwear. :thumbsup2:

Well, can't speak for the others, Condor, but I'm talking under my long pants, in place of underwear. :thumbsup2:

Ohhh.... Undies. I missed that somewhere... Most of the bicyclists I've seen just wear the shorts.... no levi's... :)

When I went clubin' I used to wear a pair under my levi's. I could lift my package and form it to make it look bigger and it made my a$$ look tighter.

WOW that is just SOOOOOOOOOO wrong on so mant levels! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

How do I wash that out of my minds eye! :crying::crying::crying:

I'll send you the bill! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

LOL

Bubber

When I went clubin' I used to wear a pair under my levi's. I could lift my package and form it to make it look bigger and it made my a$$ look tighter.

Only one way to wash that image out of my brain. I'm going home and drink until I see the bottom of the bottle.

Not Me sir!

But wondering ifin they make them in a size for my manly shape? With a storage compartment for my gut?

Keep the post going and lets see what comes up.

Bubber

Uh, Bubber.... I don't believe China exports that much material in one "package". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey... you opened the door....

:15_8_211[1]:

Uh, Bubber.... I don't believe China exports that much material in one "package". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey... you opened the door....

:15_8_211[1]:

They must not export the Vinyl needed for the bottle holder either LOL

Your slacking off O'l OWL LOL

Bubber