IGNORED

Hooking up mp3

Well, you can plug into the jack in the cassette deck, or you can open up the fairing and add a splitter to the jack that's on the brake side, lost among the audio plugs. It looks like a standard male and female headphone jack set plugged together. Then you can run the wire about anywhere you want. I ran mine to the trunk, where I also ran a power wire. I have a Kuryakin switch box behind the audio head (required a 1" plate to move the audio head for clearance) with the player power on the middle switch.

I use a hard drive based player. I have a bunch of very long playlists that I've set up on my home computer. I plug the player in, turn it on, select a playlist, lock the buttons, then simply drop the player into the mesh pouch in the trunk. It'll just play all day with power supplied by the bike.

I've had no problems with the hard drive. The player is loose in the pouch so the vibrations aren't sharp, and it's vertical, which puts pretty much all the shocks in the same plane the pickup arm moves in anyway, so the head doesn't whack the platters. It's worked great for a lot of miles.

I am working with a guy in Fla to interface a MP3 into the CD harness, and should be able to be controlled with the bar control's,,,, :confused24: we hope. Still in the thinking, and doping out stages, but first harness is in the works I have been told. Shooting for mid July for testing..

I am working with a guy in Fla to interface a MP3 into the CD harness, and should be able to be controlled with the bar control's,,,, :confused24: we hope. Still in the thinking, and doping out stages, but first harness is in the works I have been told. Shooting for mid July for testing..

Keep us posted!!!

Kyle Hooking up mp3

HOW DO YOU HOOK UP A MP3 PLAYER AND GET IT TO WORK THRU AUX. PORT. THANX IN ADVANCE

Make sure you turn up the volume on your MP3! Almost max

I split the aux. output behind the fairing and ran the wire up the clutch side handlebar. I use a Ram Mount to hold my MP3 . The mount has interchangable cradles, one for my MP3 and one for my XM radio. I also split the 12volt accessory plug when I had the fairing open and ran a power supply for the XM radio. I also ran a second power supply to the brake side handlebar to supply power for my GPS. I split the 12volt accessory wire with dual 12volt plug in extension thus I was able to use plug in type power supplies for both my XM and GPS. I have not had any problems yet, did it one year ago.

Good luck.:fingers-crossed-emo