IGNORED

Need a lst Gen Part HELP

While test riding my 86 VR just after getting the new motor completely installed and all the bugs worked out, I was riding it without any of the plastic body parts, except the bags and the upper fairing, and the fuze box cover went a different direction than the rest of the bike. Didn't notice it was gone until I arrived back to my place. Just checked out Fleabay and nada. I don't believe one can buy this part separately from anyone. Soooo, does anyone on here have a fuze box cover they won't mind parting with. Just let me know and how much you will need for the item.

If the '84 and the '86 are the same you can have the one off mine. I think I still have the old cover on the shelf from when I did my upgrade to the blade style fuse panel.

But then again.......I got to say......it would be a good time to do an upgrade yourself. I mean ya got a good excuse at this point. :2cents:

PM me your mailing address if you want it.

Mike

Mike (aka Snaggletooth) is sending me his old one. I know I should do the upgrade but all my fuze holders are in really good shape and don't really need the upgrade. Besides I am fairly tired of working on this thing. I'd rather ride it for the next few months and save "upgrades" for the next non-riding season. Thanks again. Did I say I'm tired of working on this bike and/or having someone else work on this bike. I know, get a 2d Gen. H&*% NO!

Did I say I'm tired of working on this bike and/or having someone else work on this bike. I know, get a 2d Gen. H&*% NO!

Don't let them kid you Herb. A 2-gen ain't gonna be any different. I'm finding that one out. I've developed a new therory. If it has 2 wheels, it's a project.... :mo money:

Don't let them kid you Herb. A 2-gen ain't gonna be any different. I'm finding that one out. I've developed a new therory. If it has 2 wheels, it's a project.... :mo money:

Oh, no one is kiddin me. Both my old 88 and this 86 (before the original motor went bad with more that 125K plus) was never brought down by a 2d Gen. Besides I already have the real thing.

Mike (aka Snaggletooth) is sending me his old one. I know I should do the upgrade but all my fuze holders are in really good shape and don't really need the upgrade. Besides I am fairly tired of working on this thing. I'd rather ride it for the next few months and save "upgrades" for the next non-riding season. Thanks again. Did I say I'm tired of working on this bike and/or having someone else work on this bike. I know, get a 2d Gen. H&*% NO!

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

And I end up with parts scattered everywhere!!:confused24:

And hence, the need for a organized filing and storage system.

I think I'll stick with my storage system.

Never to be used.

Might need someday.

Use today.

Use tomorrow.

Used already.

Think about it.

Moved it.

Sell it.

Give it away.

Trade it.

Replace it.

Fix it.

FUBAR

Burned out.

Broke.

OEM

NOS

POS

Move to new box.

Look for matching piece.

Chrome it.

Paint it.

Epoxy it.

Duct tape it.

Screw it.

Identify it.

WTF?

YNK. (Ya never know)

And that's not even listing all the subcatagories.

And there is the invisable stuff that ya know is there but can't see it.

I need more room. :scratchchin: