IGNORED

Moving to Kentucky

flb_78

Wife's company is offering a transfer to a position in Danville, KY, 35 miles southwest of Lexington give or take.

I wonder if the riding in that area is better then the flat barren roads of the Texas panhandle.

Wife's company is offering a transfer to a position in Danville, KY, 35 miles southwest of Lexington give or take.

I wonder if the riding in that area is better then the flat barren roads of the Texas panhandle.

Of the couple thousand miles I've put on in that area, it is terrible. All of those curves and elevation changes get in the way of the flat and straight roads! :rasberry:

Kidding aside, I've got some family in that area (one outside of Nashville and the other south of Louisville) and it IS a great place to be.

Congrats on the transfer :thumbsup2:

Don't know how long you have lived in TX, but I moved myself, wife and daughter to Louisville (area) Ky 3 years ago after 12 years in Oklahoma.

I still miss Oklahoma and the trips to Dallas, but the riding in this part of the USA is pretty good.

But be warned, 92 degrees here is NOT a dry heat.

Ive been in Texas going on 8 years now. Im originally from southern/central Illinois, the Effingham area. I've become accustomed to the dry heat and when I go back to Illinois, the humidity kills me.

Congrat's to the wife. You'll get use to the humidity again. So you're gonna be closer to this side of the country. Maybe next year you and the wife can make the trip to MD in Ohio. I guess making it to Asheville this August would not be doable since she's starting somewhere new. But if she does get some vacation you're both more then welcome to head on over.

Wish you both lots of luck. Oh and enjoy the riding.

Margaret

Come on up. Danville is a nice community. I live about 25 miles from Danville and I took the VR group through Danville last weekend. There is great riding in any direction you go from Danville.

Check out www.traynophoto.com/venturerider

Those are photos from last weekend.

Let me know when you get to the area.

Dennis

Not a working link.

Congrat's to the wife. You'll get use to the humidity again. So you're gonna be closer to this side of the country. Maybe next year you and the wife can make the trip to MD in Ohio. I guess making it to Asheville this August would not be doable since she's starting somewhere new. But if she does get some vacation you're both more then welcome to head on over.

Wish you both lots of luck. Oh and enjoy the riding.

Margaret

Been in the South now since 94, and the humidity still sucks. :(