IGNORED

Venture motor??

Red Rider

I had heard that the motor in the venture was a Harley design that yamaha bought from them when they were going under with AMF. Is this true?

I read that somewhere too. I think its just someone flapping their jaw. The V4 engine was not invented by Harley and has been used in motorcycles prior to the Venture.

yes Harley had a prototype V4 about that time frame.

I had a Harley Davidson mechanic tell me that this engine was the design that Harley designed in the late 70s. Harley went with the V-twin and Yamaha used the v-4 design for their v-4 engine. This was from a mechanic that had been with Harley for many years.

I knew a guy that told the guy that bought his car that the car didn't use any oil....... so the guy that bought the car went home and drained it.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

His bell didn't have a clanger!

His elevator didn't go to the top floor! :yikes:

Well you get the picture.

Bubber

Wasn't this topic beat to death a week ago?

Next up: "My dealer says there will be a new VMAX-based Venture this year"

Dave

I was also told there is no change for the 2011 RSV same bike. From dealer where I bought new 08 RSTD.

Joe

I had heard that the motor in the venture was a Harley design that yamaha bought from them when they were going under with AMF. Is this true?

Nope. It's the stuff Harlay Fan Boys' dreams are made of. Nothing more.

if you look at the design of the engine it looks a lot like the kaws 3 cylinder 2 stroke motors of early 70s and the honda's v-4 motors. i don't think it looks anything like the yamaha v-4s at all. but you never know what things are copied by other co's. it's funny that harley get a company that makes air-cooled engines to design a water-cooled motor for them, not once but twice!!??.