after reading on this site and deciding that im not happy with my brakes I have decided i only want to do this once so I am going to rebuild all 3 calipers and both master cylinders, does anyone have a good source for parts? also can i install a bleeder valve from a mkII in my 83 and anyone have one for sale or know where i could get one?

Before you spend the money to rebuild your calipers I would send skydoc 17 a PM. I think he has an upgrade kit that will cost you about the same or maybe just a little more than rebuilding. Anyway it will cost you nothing to ask and may help you in the long run.

If you are referring to the upper bleeder valve by the front fork I have one.

E-mail me at gary@dinges.com

Gary

after reading on this site and deciding that im not happy with my brakes I have decided i only want to do this once so I am going to rebuild all 3 calipers and both master cylinders, does anyone have a good source for parts? also can i install a bleeder valve from a mkII in my 83 and anyone have one for sale or know where i could get one?

If you are going to rebuild the braking system, be sure to include new brake hoses also. I would recommend Rick Butlers Buckeye Performance , http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/index.html . I installed these on my 89 VR when I rebuilt the braking system on it. It made a world of difference on the stopping power as the old hose where expanding when the levers were activated. I also used EBC HH brake pads along with the new hoses.

Just my two cents worth...

Rick F.