IGNORED

Update on GaryN

Ramblingman

Thank you all for keeping us up to date on how Gary is doing. Gary and his boys need our prayers not only for a healthy recovery but for there loss as well. They are in for a hard road ahead all of them and knowing people are praying for them and here for them might help out a little.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know if this has already been posted or not, but I was wondering is there an address that we could send cards to, for Gary and his family?

I did not know Leslie or Gary, but I feel that since I am a member of the VR family, I do want to do something.

Thank you,

Peggy

Ikennett I have no idea who you are friend but there is nothing set in stone as of yet for the funeral ...I just got off the phone with Susan (Leslie's Sister)(because of your post) she has not heard anything yet ...they are hoping to have the funeral soon but nothing is set yet !!! There are things going on and we have to wait before we gave anyone and different answer on the site here ....so please do not post without knowing!!!!!!!!!!!

Well folks...I just left the hospital. I am on my way to Pittsburgh for business and decided to take the little detour. I did see Gary but he was asleep so didn't realize that I was there. I simply left a card letting him know that I had stopped by and to call if there is anything I could do. Sorry I missed meeting his sons. I tell you, it was hard even stopping by. My heart aches for him. Please keep the prayers going.

Guest lkennett

Well I decided to check the forum on my Lunch hour at work, and noticed I had made a post.. I was not too happy to see this.

I registered on the site to view all the wonderful picture that have been shared of Mr & Mrs Nantais. I did not introduce myself as I did not plan on making any postings, but now I feel I need to.. and to explain.

My name is Lawrence & I went to school with Gary's sons Matt & Jeff, Matt stood in my wedding last year and I consider him to be a very good friend of mine.

I just spoke to my wife this morning concerning the post you see above, This post should be considered MISINFORMATION! Whomever the administrators are, if possible please remove the post.

Ramblingman, you are obviously very close to the Nantais family and I am sorry for any trouble this has caused. Please accept my apology.

For all others who have read this post, please await details of any arrangements from the appropriate individuals.

My wife and I are not the people who should be or will be communicating ANY of this information. Again, my apologies.

Lawrence

Well I decided to check the forum on my Lunch hour at work, and noticed I had made a post.. I was not too happy to see this.

I registered on the site to view all the wonderful picture that have been shared of Mr & Mrs Nantais. I did not introduce myself as I did not plan on making any postings, but now I feel I need to.. and to explain.

My name is Lawrence & I went to school with Gary's sons Matt & Jeff, Matt stood in my wedding last year and I consider him to be a very good friend of mine.

I just spoke to my wife this morning concerning the post you see above, This post should be considered MISINFORMATION! Whomever the administrators are, if possible please remove the post.

Ramblingman, you are obviously very close to the Nantais family and I am sorry for any trouble this has caused. Please accept my apology.

For all others who have read this post, please await details of any arrangements from the appropriate individuals.

My wife and I are not the people who should be or will be communicating ANY of this information. Again, my apologies.

Lawrence

man , you have done the right thing.

i was kinda puzzled as to what you meant, in the first post, but since it was accidental, i hold no ill feelings.

just jt

p.s. welcome to our house! now go get yourself a scooter and you can join in with the crew.

jt

I just received info about the funeral ...it will be held this Saturday the time has not been confirmed as of yet but the visitation are on Thursday and Friday night

Thursday from 7pm to 9pm

Friday from 12pm to 2pm

Anyone wishing to send a card or flowers can send them to

Reid Funeral Home

87 Maidstone Avenue East

Essex, ON. Canada N8M 2J3

Condolence's can also to emailed to

http://www.reidfuneralhome.ca/current.asp under Leslie Nantais

I'll have to get back to everyone for the time for the funeral.

Again thanks to everyone for their concerns it's much appreciated.

Bruce

Guest 1939fiat

I am writing today, because I am a freind of Gary and Leslie..Have known the family for many years, and was sadden at the news of their accident..We often visited back and forth ,as Gary & Leslie were also 'car guys and gals'.

I, like the rest of you ,are still in a DAZE....

Today I received a note regarding the services for Leslie. They are as follows;

Visiting will take place

Thursday 7-9 pm

Friday 2-5 and 7-9 pm

Funeral Service will be held on Saturday at the Essex High School at 11 am with visiting in the gym one hour prior (10-11 visiting).

Thank you for allowing me to join. On behalf of my family, we wish the Nantais family all the best during this very difficult time.

Thanks 1939fiat

I have been monitoring this thread ever since it appeared. The number of members who have checked in has grown to 373. I know how we all feel - not being able to 'say' anything, whether it's through being too numb or just not being able to find the right words to say to anybody. I'm sad - damned sad and so frustrated that such a wonderful life has been cut short in its prime, and what is obviously a beautiful family has been deprived of such a wonderful member. I ride, my wife rides with me and we do nothing different to what this wounderful couple was doing - enjoying life and its rewards after giving so much to the world.

May I, on behalf of the others who don't know what to say, let you know Gary that we ARE thinking of you. Permit me to be their proxy voice. We love you mate, and can only hope to share your loss and grief with you in an endeavour to lighten some of that load you are carrying. I can say no more. It's hard to see my monitor for the tears that are welling up in my eyes. God bless old son.

Okay there seems to be a mix up somewhere ....I just called the funeral home and the Friday afternoon visitation isn't set yet ....and I also just found out that the service on Saturday is at 1pm.... with an hour visitation starting at noon.This is straight from the Rieds Funeral home .

Guest 1939fiat

Yes,the info I posted was from an e mail that Reids had sent me today. I have ask for clearifcation..

Not trying to confuse the issues..

thanks;

1939fiat (Rick)

Could someone up in Canada please post the current address with ZIP for the place where Leslies funeral will be?? Others have e-mailed me concerning directions from our area and I would like to mapquest it.

THANKS Bruce for keeping us informed!

Also,,, is Gary out of his coma yet and will he be attending??

Cowpuc

Could someone up in Canada please post the current address with ZIP for the place where Leslies funeral will be?? Others have e-mailed me concerning directions from our area and I would like to mapquest it.

THANKS Bruce for keeping us informed!

Also,,, is Gary out of his coma yet and will he be attending??

Cowpuc

It was on the other post

Reid Funeral Home

87 Maidstone Avenue East

Essex, ON. Canada

N8M 2J3

Condolence's can also to emailed to

http://www.reidfuneralhome.ca/current.asp under Leslie Nantais

Grand Rapids is approx 180 miles away

Brad

For sure Diane and I will be at the funeral Saturday, were leaving a little early around 9:30 10:00am just incase it's slow at the bridge. If we get there a little early we'll fine a coffee shop (Tim Horton's)

Here is what I have on the funeral:

Visitation: Thursday and Friday night

Thursday from 7pm to 9pm Friday from 12pm to 2pm

Reid Funeral Home

87 Maidstone Avenue East

Flowers:

Reid Funeral Home

87 Maidstone Avenue East

Funeral:

Saturday Visitation 12:00 noon Funeral at 1:00pm

Essex District High School

244 Talbot Street North

Essex, Ontario

We did order Flowers. Per: Lorna, Reid Funeral Home. Flowers will be sent to the Funeral Home Thursday and them sent over to the High School Saturday.

Flowers from: Essex Flower Basket Shop: 519.776.5611

We were also thinking about stopping by the funeral home Thursday night between 7pm to 9pm.

AL & Diane:7_2_104[1]: