IGNORED

Were any of you into "CBing" when it was cool??

cowpuc

I never got into the clubs and all the talking back and forth. I put myself through college installing CBs and tuning the antennas. Must have sold cases of those things to every sort of person. Even put one in a Ferarri Quattro Valvoli. Hardest thing I ever did was drill a hole in that rear deck to add a CB antenna. Almost hated that guy for bringing me the job and not going with a magnetic antenna or something that didn't require a hole in the skin. He turned out to be one of my best customers. Did his Porche, Mercedes, and all his kids VWs. Still prefered to work on the pickup trucks though.

I had a CB/AM/FM in-dash installed in a Vetter SS faring on a Kawasaki 400 twin doing a cross country ride (CA to NJ) in 1978 and I got a flat rear tire in the middle of nowhere. Got on the CB and found a guy at a junk yard that came out and loaded the bike in his pickup and took me to the nearest town with a motorcycle shop. It was Sunday evening and he went to the local church get the shop owner. A few hours later I was on the road again and they only charged for a new inner tube. Combination of a CB and some nice people save my butt.

guilty!!!!

khb-3824 -hipshot!

had a 23 ch. johnson. then got a 23.ch.cobra w/250 bi-linear amp.

lol

that was a WHILE back!

just jt

Johnson 23A... that's what my first CB was!! Dang if i could remember that.... It was stolden out of my truck... Had a Turner Power Mike with it. More things are coming back to me...:rotf:

Come-on, ya got yer, "DrugStore Cowboy" here Mayport Beach Fl. to Baton Rouge, La., "Home Base" was my, Mach I, Cleveland Mustang, with a T-Berry Stalker One SSB, Pride 250watt, and a D104 Lollipop microphone on the console, Twin SS whips on the back bumper. Yes you could talk on the flat-side if you where runing fast enough! LOL :whistling:

Break 19,,, breaker break,, BREAKER BROKE,,,,,good grief ya bunch a ratchet jaws BREAK... Ahhh thanks for the break there Sasquach!!

How bout ya Captn Crunch you got your ears on good buddy.. Seadogs trackin ya down.. Brrrrrrrrrreeeeaakk.. Capn, you may not believe it but the Capn Crunch cereal commericals always touched a funny spot with me back then and that is where I came up with the Handle of Seadog - remember he was Capns sidekick..

I was SHOCKED a second ago when I signed on and found 3 flippin pages of you folks who have had their memory switches tripped by this thread! Maybe I am just getting old and sensitive but iIsnt it AMAZING how we just go in circles as a society??

Now I have been sitting here racking my brain trying to remember the name of our Club.. We had vests with pins on them, our handles and call numbers sewn on, dinner every week at a local diner and business meetings once a month.. Our vests were really cool bright red with yellow lettering on them.. We had a HUGE map posted at the club house with QSL Cards (its been a lonnnnnnnnnnng time since that word has entered the old beaner - thanks to whoever mentioned that earlier..) posted on it from all over the world.. Unlike a lot of todays Clubs that have a tendency of turning into a beer bash, CB Clubs were very family oriented and coffee/pop only.. At least ours was and the number of other clubs I attended were the same..

Also trying to remember the name of my first radio,, it started with a P....

Back in the day there were small mom and pop CB shops all over our area.. Guys with their basements full of CB stuff for sale trying to support their addiction - SOUND FAMILIAR????

Oky Dokie,,, ol Seapuppy done turned ratchet jaw on ya's.. I gotta go 10-100 so this is Seadog, KJP9511 on the corner of walk and dont walk in the big town of banana land signing off.. Catch ya on flip side,, we're gooonne (voice tone goes upward on the end of that - goonne..

Thanks for playing folks...

'Puc

oh yea,,,, CONVOY... who the heck sang it......

twas the fifth of june by the light of moon in Kensworth hauling logs. dah dah dah dah dee dee dee dee and Jimmy hauling hogs.. We were headed for bear out on old 1-0 bout a mile out of shaky town,, I said Pig Pen this heres the Rubber Duck and I'm bout to put the hammer down...... hahahahah ohhhhh the mems.....

YUP I Was KANSAS TORNADO KZY 2464 BB214 I still have all the pins from the get togethers and cards from around the world as well as my Radio shack log book.

Had many CBs but the one I prized the most was a SBE 23 channel side band modified to 60 channels with 25 watts and a side kicker 400 watt amp with a Turner power mic.

Sadly I got ride of it all when we desided to move to Vegas.

I was keeping it in case they made a comeback.:rotf::rotf:

Man that baby could talk CQ CQ CQ DX BAKER BAKER 214 QRT and standing by.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...........................Ron

:rotf:You guys must be old.

OOps I too was getting into it back in the later 70's, just young teenager and was not driving, but had a 29 channel in my dad's van. Then it got cold, so I bought a 40 channel base station. Had a 5/8 wave (can't remember ) Speed stick or split stick or something like that mounted to the side of the house, and about 20' above the roof.

I could get about 25 miles on a good day. Could not remember the numbers untill I read Mothers post, mine was XM4169 ???

I would still have the paperwork somewhere I am sure. Remember it cost about 13 bucks for a license, back then.

Still have the base station in the attic and both had power mikes.

Brad

Had many CBs but the one I prized the most was a SBE 23 channel side band modified to 60 channels with 25 watts and a side kicker 400 watt amp with a Turner power mic.

Yup, I had one of those SBE's too. My first SSB unit. It was a great radio..... That one got legs too......

Never used a cb until this past summer when Squidley tried to teach me. :whistling::whistling::whistling:That almost ended disasterously so I still don't. I'm much more of a phone and computer kind of guy.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: