IGNORED

Silly Bands question.....

Skid

I am just curious if anyone around the country has saw or heard of these crazy Silly Bands? Apparently these little rubber bands the kids are wearing on their arms has been a big explosion in the stores here locally an most stores can't keep them on the shelves. The kids wears them and trade them to other kids, and seems to be kids of all ages. Anyone else had this problem?

They had something about them in our local paper this week. They just seem to be colored rubber bands with different shapes. I think they said the most coveted ones are glow in the dark? I can get a ton of them at the local office supply store what they are selling these things for. Only difference is the ones I get come in one shape, circular. I guess I could make them into oval shaped, triangular, etc....

Gotta go, time to water my pet rock. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Explanation for why they are going nuts for them? Remember pet rocks? Next question.

The lady at our Claires tried selling me them I had no idea what they were. I think I might be a bit old for them as well and I don't have any kid living at home. Mine's grown and on her own.

Margaret

Not to be alarmist, but I understand in some schools here, the color of the band is significant. One color means smokes pot, another means willing to "hook up", another means "party girl", another means "lost virginity", etc etc etc. Like anything, something fun and innocent and stupid can be perverted.

Dave

Not to be alarmist, but I understand in some schools here, the color of the band is significant. One color means smokes pot, another means willing to "hook up", another means "party girl", another means "lost virginity", etc etc etc. Like anything, something fun and innocent and stupid can be perverted.

Dave

Same thing I have heard. Also explained to me by one of my kids about 5 years ago... :puzzled:

hhhmmmm what color is your Dave?? :smile5:

Dave

I am a teacher (20 years now), and - yes - the bands DO mean something (different colors meaning different things) at least on the high school level. On the high school level, the bands are exchanged for "favors" (sexual) depending on the color involved. This has been the ongoing case for over two years now. I am NOT saying that little kids know what they are doing/wearing when they wear them. Just stating the case at the high school level.