IGNORED

saddle bag covers

I FINALLY got my tank bra and saddle bag covers from Troy Savoie - took forever! Have any of you installed them on your RSV. It looks like I need to take the saddle bags off - then remove the latch and hinge - then put on the leather and trim. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

I FINALLY got my tank bra and saddle bag covers from Troy Savoie - took forever! Have any of you installed them on your RSV. It looks like I need to take the saddle bags off - then remove the latch and hinge - then put on the leather and trim. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

I would think he would have sent you some instructions for the install. Troy is probably the best one to give advice...maybe sending him an email. By the way, how much did he charge for the saddlebag lid covers. I had considerd them but I heard he takes way too long to respond. :smile5:

I looked at the gallery on his site and it looks like I need to remove the lids and various brackets. I got the covers and tank bra for 175. I think Troy is a good guy but I ordered these early March and they just arrived. He didn't respond to emails but did answer the phone. I'm sure I told him I wanted a pocket on the bib but can't find it in any emails so perhaps that was my fault. After getting the product - there isn't much to them - I can't image it took very long to sew them up. With that being said - I think they will look great on the bike!

I too bought a Tank Bib and Bag covers from Troy. - Last Fall or so.

They came pretty quck, with instructions, but I have yet to put them on. Just laziness I guess.

If you can't get the instructions from him, let me know and I can email them to you.

Make sure you post pics of of your bike with them on.

craigr

I've installed the lid covers. Yes, you have to remove the bags. Remove the locking hardware and then have fun. They are truly a PAIN to install but it works OK when you finally get all done. Be very careful because you being a man of god, there are likely some words that you will want to use that are not appropriate. :innocent:

I also bought the saddlebag covers but just can't get them right. If anybody's interested in them let me know, will trade for a case of corona. You'll need to purchase the chrome strips cause mine won't work anymore. Their not expensive but I'm going a different route. They do look good on there but I want to custom paint or something different. God Bless. Mike

I've installed the lid covers. Yes, you have to remove the bags. Remove the locking hardware and then have fun. They are truly a PAIN to install but it works OK when you finally get all done. Be very careful because you being a man of god, there are likely some words that you will want to use that are not appropriate. :innocent:

I'll say a prayer before I start!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Depending on what type of leather was used in making these cover will determine what process to use to help stretch. By no means would I use a heat gun on the leather and possibly warp the ABS on the lid. Warm water perhaps. Shoe Stretch as long as you do not over stretch the leather.

BEER30

Folks...they don't require any stretching. The problem is not that they need to be stretched. They are plenty big. You spread them over the lids and use something similar to door edge trim to secure them to the edge. The only difficult part is getting the trim over the leather and the edge of the lids to secure it while keeping the leather smooth and working around the corners.

At least you got yours! I'm still waiting. :thumbdown:

At least you got yours! I'm still waiting. :thumbdown:

Wow - how long have you been waiting. Keep after him. I'm beginning to wonder why he remains one of our vendors with the problems people are having getting their product!

Mike are you serious about that? Where do I get the chrome pieces?I may want to take you up on this.

Here is a place on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Tank-Fender-Edge-Protector-Chrome-Trim-FT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439a1e7175QQitemZ290348495221QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories for the trim. As I said inexpensive. Theres probably some better but gives ya an idea. Make ya a deal, make a small donation to the Iowa food bank http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=48701 and I'll ship them to you. Thanks and God Bless. Mike

Edited by Mikealiasmike
Had to capitalize G in God

Wow - how long have you been waiting. Keep after him. I'm beginning to wonder why he remains one of our vendors with the problems people are having getting their product!

Since Dec. 2, 2009! I am keeping after him. It does no good. One excuse after another. One broken promise after another. I sent him an email today and of course he has not answered. Last time I called him he did not answer but he did finally answer my email.:confused24:

Since Dec. 2, 2009! I am keeping after him. It does no good. One excuse after another. One broken promise after another. I sent him an email today and of course he has not answered. Last time I called him he did not answer but he did finally answer my email.:confused24:

Wow - I ordered after you and got mine! Hmmmm - tell him you are a pastor - that might help!

I stand corrected.

I guess I am the only one who suspected who without reading the name.

He is a very nice guy and does good work. It's too bad that he takes too long. I have friends that would order from him if I would give him good recommendation. I just can't because of the time. - I'm sorry Troy.

craigr

I stand corrected.

I guess I am the only one who suspected who without reading the name.

He is a very nice guy and does good work. It's too bad that he takes too long. I have friends that would order from him if I would give him good recommendation. I just can't because of the time. - I'm sorry Troy.

craigr

I for one needed no name mentioned. I have not mentioned his name but have been very, very disappointed in his results. I can not comment on the quality of his work because I have not received my order. He is a supper nice guy to talk to over the phone if and when he answers it. His emails are polite and apologetic when you can get him to answer his emails. As for his character??? He has not done one thing he has told me he would bo. Now we are not in grade school we are adults. So when we had an agreement I took that as a promise even though he did not say "I promise". So to me even though he seems to be a nice person he is not a man of his word. I will probably be down there next month in small claims court trying to get my money back.:thumbdown:

Folks, I am sorry to say that I have at least temporarily removed Tony from our "Preferred Vendors" section. There are just too many issues with delivery right now. I have contacted him and initially got an email from him with a very nice explanation of the problems and in that email, he promised that if anybody was unhappy with the amount of time it is taking him that he always offers a full refund.

There is at least one member who is not happy and would like a refund. I asked Tony to address that issue and have not heard back from him. I'm still hopeful that he will do the right thing. My one dealing with him was positive and I think that he is really a decent guy that may have bitten off more than he can chew at this time.

If he makes right with those with problems and then gets caught up and wishes to be added back, it will be considered but I just can't continue to recommend him as a preferred vendor at this time.

It is too bad as he does make a nice product. I agree - I think underneath it all - he is a decent guy who needs someone to push him a bit or at least get him organized. I hope he gets his act together and makes things right. If he needs more time he needs to advertize 60 to 90 days until delivery and then make sure he gets his product delivered on time.