IGNORED

Thanks to VR, I have a trailer (that works)

Dave77459

Did you replace the bearings or just the grease? If you replaced the bearings, what model and size did you use. I'm looking at buying one of these trailers also.

Thanks,

Glenn

I just replaced the grease. The bearings seemed OK, just cheap. They ran cool before I changed the grease, and I am hopeful that they will stay that way.

Squidley may have an idea of what a replacement would be; he's knowledgeable and laid hands on them.

Dave

Guest tx2sturgis

Cool story, and even better with the double entendres and innuendo!

BUT!

Show us the interior...we need to see what brand, and how many cases of beer you can haul now!!

Also...did you put a tag on it? ( I might want to follow it someday...see where the fun stuff happens!)

Dave,

Nice pics! :thumbsup2: I was going to text you and see how the trip home was, but I see you made it with no issues.

Glenn,

The bearings are pretty standard, they are measured by race size and the shaft they are fitting on. With the cheaper bearing that are installed in the H/F trailers, you have to stay right on top of keeping them maintained and greased regularly.

Brian,

The trailer is the one from H/F it's a kit and we assembled it at Daves place about 10 days ago. I have to say that if I was going to do another trailer, I would just buy that one. For the price and aggrivation factor of making one from just a trailer kit and then trying to install a car topper on it, this one is way simpler :thumbsup2:

Oh and Gumbo....we have pics of you with a MUCH bigger hammer on a Venture :whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis
The trailer is the one from H/F it's a kit and we assembled it at Daves place about 10 days ago. I have to say that if I was going to do another trailer, I would just buy that one. For the price and aggrivation factor of making one from just a trailer kit and then trying to install a car topper on it, this one is way simpler :thumbsup2:

No, No , NO!!

I read all about the trailer, but I wanted to know about the BEER!!

Brand, quantity, and is there any room for bottles of whiskey, rum, and jager?

Thats what the requested interior shots are for!! Even better when the pics show a fuly stocked whiskey wagon...

Dang...I gotta explain everything...

:doh:

Dave,

Nice pics! :thumbsup2: I was going to text you and see how the trip home was, but I see you made it with no issues.

The trip home was a non-event, just like I like 'em! Thanks so much for all your help!

I noticed on the way home that I could read signs behind me... the taillights seem pretty bright. Even so, my next project is more lights, or perhaps this strobe.

Cool story, and even better with the double entendres and innuendo!

BUT!

Show us the interior...we need to see what brand, and how many cases of beer you can haul now!!

Also...did you put a tag on it? ( I might want to follow it someday...see where the fun stuff happens!)

What tag do you recommend? I haven't used tags so I am more clueless about them than other things.

As far as capacity, it can carry a lot. My wife was amazed. Among other stuff, I carried a tent, an air mattress, a full Coleman tailgate cooker (the kind with legs), and two barely folding chairs that I used for sitting on soccer sidelines. Here's a photo, also showing why beer capacity isn't my chief concern. :whistling:

Dave

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4632967153_d26305edc9_b.jpg

Guest tx2sturgis
Here's a photo, also showing why beer capacity isn't my chief concern. :whistling:

Dave

Makers Mark..:bowdown: that's good stuff Dave...smooth!

See?...I KNEW that it would hold some whiskey!

The whiskey wagon lives!! Beer carts rule!

Speaking of that, I will be heading out soon with my trailer for the Memorial Day Rally in Red River NM...

Ya'll have fun....I know I will!