IGNORED

Rotella Syn users: Miles between changes

Jethroish

Trying to get a feel of how far we go between changes. I have used the Rotella about 10k now, changing every 5k.

I am sure I could go a little longer, but by 5k, I begin to hear my shifitng. Fresh oil = less noise and smoother shifting.

Personally I wouldn't go over 5000 on any oil in a motorcycle. Remember the trans is beating the snot out of the oil as well.

Oil is cheap IMO. I do it every 3000 but I am anal like that. lol

Cheers,

Chris

Thats when i change mine around 5000 miles, it still looks good when i drain it out but i can tell by the way it shifts it needs changed.everone says dont use synthetic in a older engine, but so far its been working great. started it out on synthetic around 95,000 and got over 115,000 on it now, no leaks and dont uses any.

I've decided with this bike not to use synthetic. We as Venture riders seem to change oil on a very regular mileage schedule and I don't see the advantage of using synthetic when we're gonna change every 3 - 5k anyway. :2cents:

I change the oil and filter every 4,000 Miles (6-7 km).

The service manual has you replace the oil filter every other oil change, but for me, a filter is inexpensive compared to mechanical failure.

Engine, transmission and clutch share the same oil, so if I can get clutch fibers out of suspension quicker has to be better for the rest of the system.

Never understood the "change the filter every other oil change." I always change the filter if I am changing the oil.

Just did an oil change today. Old oil was Rotella Syn. at 5,000 miles with a Wix filter. Oil looked pretty clean.