IGNORED

What's best for windshields in rain?

If is the stock windshield then no Rain-x isn't good for it as it will haze the coating that it has. You can use Rain-x on Clearview and F4 windshields.

As for your shield try Plexus and see what results you get. It's good for cleaning the bugs and what not off as well. It won't last as long as Rain-x but my bet is that you'll have to clean your shield again before it wears off anyway. I use this and it does a pretty good job of beading the rain.

Some swear by Pledge and some say it smells and acts just like Plexus only cheaper (they also use it to clean the whole bike). They also say don't use the lemon Pledge unless you like bees. :Bunny:

I'd give those a try and see what you come up with.

LIQUID GLASS!

It's the best, but pricey... $22.00 for 12 OZ?

Also:

They make rain-x for plastic windshields, not the same as the 'glass rain-x'. I don't use it because every pit stop I make i wash the bugs off of windshield and that makes the windshield streaky.

Liquid glass will take quite a few washings before it wears off. The water will bead up like crazy and roll off windshield. Plus I use it to wax bike as its easy on/off.

http://www.pilotshop.com/catalog/images/Various/rejex-small.jpg

I use rejex. I apply it to painted, chrome, plastic and glass surfaces of my motorcycles and cars.

It works GREAT and seams to last a long time as long as it is applied to a clean surfaces that do NOT have wax on them as the wax breaks down and the rejex falls off with it....

Their website is HERE

I normally buy it online at SkyGeek HERE

I understand the US Military uses it on helicopter canopies.

I apply and remove the haze with microfiber cloths I get inexpensively at Costco.

How much is a can of Pledge nowadays? I buy a 16oz Kawi Wipe Down Can for Cleaning and Polishing for $5.00 dollars a can. Analyzing it more :scratchchin:, Pledge can definitely make it easier to dust surfaces if it has already been treated with Pledge.

I like turtlewax ice "in the tub" it does'nt haze, shines anything and smells nice...when I say anything I mean paint, plastic, rubber, chrome, glass absolutely anything.

It's the best thing I've tried yet for repeling water too, I even use it on my face sheild and it will destroy water droplets for weeks.

How much is a can of Pledge nowadays? I buy a 16oz Kawi Wipe Down Can for Cleaning and Polishing for $5.00 dollars a can. Analyzing it more :scratchchin:, Pledge can definitely make it easier to dust surfaces if it has already been treated with Pledge.

I use the generic for Pledge from Dollar General for either $1 or $1.50 (can't remember which) for a 12.5 oz. can. :thumbsup2:

I know Rain-X is not good for plastic. Is there anything safe for our windshields to bead water off when riding in the rain. I've tried waxing with poor results. thanks :scratchchin:

The real problem is the flat nature of the stock shield, for some reason the wind does not push the water off a stock shield very well even after you have it beaded up. I used Pledge, but it didn't help much on the stock shield. Switched to a Clearview which tilts back more, still use Pledge, and now anytime I'm moving over 40mph water blows off pretty well.