I would like to replace my driver and passenger foot pegs with floorboards. Are there aftermarket parts that you would recommend or are there used floorboards out there that were made for this bike?

Thanks.

I would like to replace my driver and passenger foot pegs with floorboards. Are there aftermarket parts that you would recommend or are there used floorboards out there that were made for this bike?

Thanks.

Attached are a couple of pictures of a set of 86-93 rear floorboards.

These require a very minor mod to the rear exhaust mounting.

Gary

Thanks Gary. So with a minor mod, I can fit these on my 83? Right now there is a peg on a rail that allows you to adjust the front to rear position of the passenger foot peg on my bike.

Also, if there a floor board available for the driver? What about a heel/toe shifter?

:12101:

Yes you can, and if you're nice to me I will send you the raw exhaust hangers needed for the mod, you drill the holes, clean and polish the aluminum...

There will be 2 metric bolts that you will have to buy, otherwise the hardware comes from what you take off for the center bolt and washer...

As far as the driver boards, be prepared to spend some bucks for them. The Ventureline setup is scarce and goes for pretty big bucks on Fleabay when they come up. If I recall right, there is some aftermarket ones available that sort of fit and go for over $400!

Thanks Gary. So with a minor mod, I can fit these on my 83? Right now there is a peg on a rail that allows you to adjust the front to rear position of the passenger foot peg on my bike.

Also, if there a floor board available for the driver? What about a heel/toe shifter?

:12101:

These are shown on an 83 now.

Gary

I put passenger floor boards on my '83, and didn't have to do anything but bolt them up....no mods necessary.

If you used MKII floor boards, It seems you would have had to do something to the rear exhaust mount.

In the picture attached to this post, the large rear hole on the frame mounted foot board piece is where the mount for the muffler should have been. It does not line up though with the stock MKI mufflers.

Not saying yours didn't work, just that mine needed the rear mount modified. The new hanger can be seen behind the black part of the floor board.

Gary

Good luck finding the front (driver's) floorboards! I've been looking and keeping an eye out for a set (at a reasonable price) to install on my '89. When I find them, they're usually gone just as fast as I had found them. They are a HOT item! Ebay may be a good place to start. As far as aftermarket, if you find any, let me/us know.

Thanks!

Yes you can, and if you're nice to me I will send you the raw exhaust hangers needed for the mod, you drill the holes, clean and polish the aluminum...

There will be 2 metric bolts that you will have to buy, otherwise the hardware comes from what you take off for the center bolt and washer...

As far as the driver boards, be prepared to spend some bucks for them. The Ventureline setup is scarce and goes for pretty big bucks on Fleabay when they come up. If I recall right, there is some aftermarket ones available that sort of fit and go for over $400!

Will you please send me the exhaust hangers? I'm going to buy the ones in the classifieds. Thanks.