IGNORED

Tank bag question

Don't get me wrong, they are a neat idea and all..

But I do find it funny having to use such a bag when you have a large touring bike with lots of cargo space =)

(as he tucks his waterproof duffel bag away on the passenger seat on road trips ;)

All this talk of a tank bag has me thinking I should get one myself.

Riding two up for a weekend trip, sometimes I need just a little more space... not enough to bring the trailer, but more than the 3 storage compartments can hold and with a butt on the back seat I can't put anything there.

All this talk of a tank bag has me thinking I should get one myself.

Riding two up for a weekend trip, sometimes I need just a little more space... not enough to bring the trailer, but more than the 3 storage compartments can hold and with a butt on the back seat I can't put anything there.

Now you know why I travel alone.. (that and the fact the missus HATES my mistress ;)

I typically have the 3 trunks full, a bag on the back rack and another on the rear seat.. Some road trips takes us through the rain snow and hail.. so you have to pack for everything.. sigh... But this year, leaving around the 17th May, I'm going light.. if I freeze.. OH WELL.. lol.. well Ok.. maybe not..

Cheers

Don't get me wrong, they are a neat idea and all..

But I do find it funny having to use such a bag when you have a large touring bike with lots of cargo space =)

(as he tucks his waterproof duffel bag away on the passenger seat on road trips ;)

Solo I don't use it,, but two up, right bag is all the riding gear I'm not wearing, tools and a pair of tennis shoes. Left bag is all the riding gear my wife is not wearing, her purse, and a pair of tennis shoes. The trunk is full of my clothes, and the rack bag is full or her clothes and toiletries. So the tank bag gets to hold camera and other things you need to get to at stops. The Manta is a pretty small tank bag, about half the size of a small back pack, and has a shoulder strap. I just carry the tank bag with me when we stop somewhere so I don't have to watch it.