IGNORED

Lightbar Out Fuse??

If you are referring to the Passing Lamps, it depends, as it is not installed at the factory, but by a dealer or "shade-tree mechanic" like myself. You might have to chase the wires, but most of it should be in the fairing.

look for wires that look to be added. they most likeley will not be in a loom.

Take the bulb out as well as the ground wire have a tendacy to break free and will require soldering.

Does not normally happen at the same time but is a cause for one going out.

Good luck finding the problem.

Brad

My light did the same. I found that the "protection" around the connector clips behind the lights themselves have hardened probably due to heat and one of mine had cracked and fallen off. (just the top edge.) This allowed the circuit to ground out blowing the fuse. Mine were connected with the headlight circuit taking out the 15amp in the fuse box and leaving my seat with a leather hickey coming down 321 from Blowing Rock, at night.

Edited by TDunc
spelling

If they both went out at the same time, it is most likely to be a fuse or fuse holder problem, IMO. Almost always, if it was dealer installed, the fuse is installed the fairing...remove the fairing...jiggle the wires around the fuse holder and it may come back to life (assuming the fuse is not blown). Your best bet is to replace the fuse holder once you have identified the problem with a better one. I had this same problem before and it turned out to be the fuse holder...remember to anchor the fuse holder securely inside the fairing with tie cords to prevent problems in the future. Also as mentioned previously, do check the wires coming from the lamp as it exits towards the fairing. Good Luck.

You need to check one thing before you go chasing wires because I had this problem too. These lightbars have a small tiny little switch somewhere on the back of one of the lights. Mine got bumped and both lights went out I spent days chasing wires and trying to find the problem and then I noticed that little switch. I flipped it up and the lights came back on.

My on/off switch is located next to the accessory plug (cig lighter) in the fairing. Also sometimes the wires are routed so they can be pinched when the steering is turned all the way to one side. Watch for this. It can cause fuses to blow every once in a while. Especially when you park the bike.

Mike