I read somewhere on the fourm that the only real rule was to post pictures of your ride so I thought I would follow rules and show off tanto. I've had him for about a year and I don't know a whole lot about him, but I hope to learn some stuff here. It seems to me (from looking at other 96's) that theres quite a bit of aftermarket chrome on him, would I be right? And is are the seats and sissy bar stock or aftermarket? Also, I'm pretty sure those wheels are aftermarket right?

Also I posted a picture of my other bike, which is a Suzuki Intruder 805

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/fsatatkid/th_royalstar1.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/fsatatkid/th_royalstar2.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/fsatatkid/th_suzuki.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/fsatatkid/th_royalstar.jpg

Yes, there is quite a lot of accessory chrome on that bike. They all look like Yamaha pieces though, rather than aftermarket, all except for the mufflers. I could list off everything I see if you want. I can't see enough of the wheels to tell what they are. They might be stock wheels with trim rings on them. I know trim rings were once available, but I don't think very many were ever sold. The sissy bar is a Y add on piece, and the seats and backrest are either Corbin or made for Yamaha by Corbin.

Hey Pegscraper! Thanks for all the great info! If you could just list off some of the things you see. I'm pretty sure all of those parts are Yamaha. They are all either stamped Yamaha or with the Star emblem. I'll try to get a better picture of the wheels so you can see what you think.

p.s. Great lookin bike! I looks like you have the Tour Classic am I right? Other than that they look like twins!

My bike is a standard, like yours. It just has a pile of stuff on it. When they were sold new, they would have been identical, stripped down, bare bones bikes.

On your bike I see: chrome - carb covers, breather covers, choke knob, motor mount covers, maybe an oil fill cap - I can't see it well enough, radiator side covers, brake pedal cover, shift lever covers, horn relocation kit, rider's floorboards, passenger pegs, passenger peg side covers, side covers (below the seat), I can't see the center cover between the two side covers - it may be chrome (red would be stock), trim on front and rear of front fender, trim on rear of rear fender. None of that stuff was standard. The passing lamps and headlight visors were add ons as well as the tank strap and bags. If the clutch and front brake lines are braided, that's not stock. The grips and mirrors are not stock. Plus whatever wheels/trim rings and mufflers you have. That's all I can make out. Still missing a few pieces though. :)

Richmond, eh? Oh we'll have to meet up on a ride sometime.

I kind of like the wind in the face feeling, and the bugs don't bother me that much. I've thought about getting a windshield, but I kind of like the look without it.

Thanks for all the info Pegscraper. I bought the bike last year from an old guy that collected Yams and it had been sitting in his garage under a tarp for about 10 years. Its a 96 and when I bought it, it only had 1800 miles on it.

The wheels are completely solid, theres no trim ring, so I'm gonna asume those are aftermarket too.

And the clutch lines and brake lines are braided so those were add ons.

It kind of amazes me how much he put into this bike just to have it sit.

Solid wheels will be aftermarket, and expensive. Wow. And I thought I found mine with low mileage, 14,500 when it was nine years old. Mine has over 65,000 now. Your bike probably never even had the oil changed in it.

Keep your eyeballs out for some rides around here this summer. Maybe we can try to meet. I have some ideas for one I'd like to put together, but man we're busy this summer.