IGNORED

I just don't understand

Midrsv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KitCarson
Nice observation Kit. Now, let me ask you this. How many deaths occured over the last year where the rider was not wearing a helmet vs. those that were? Wonder who the winners are now? There's always a flip side to every statistic.......
Hi Jack: I am not sure how to answer this....may have given a wrong impression. I myself without fail always wear a helmet, when younger I used to not sometimes......one day a friend borrowed my bike and was killed that day, he was not wearing a helmet, yes it would have saved him, will not go into details but he was as we all were once, young, had a little to drink and ran into the back of a truck.

Do not know much about statistics.......really do not pay much attention to those things......but just here locally, in the past two weeks we have had 4 deaths on motorcycles, and none of them for a fact were wearing a helmet. Those are the only ones I know of....may have been more, I do not watch the news all the time.......like tonight I am messing around on this site.....much more fun than TV.

You can get hurt or die in anything......yes. in a car.....go to the corner store and get caught in a hold up........anything can happen.......but I prefer to at least try to prevent this. It only makes sense to me, to wear protective gear.

There is an article on here posted by Dragonrider, or something like that, a cute young girl torn up by an unexpected accident.....she has a lot of spirit......I would be proud if she were my daughter.....am proud of her anyway.........No Jack.....I do not put much faith in statistics, or one extreme side over the other........But I will wear my helmet.....would encourage everyone to....but it is their choice, and hey you know what, one day something will happen to everyone who protests wearing one, either directly or maybe they will see a friend die.........they will look at the ground and shuffle their feet and put on that hard hat. I know, I have been there, done that. With all respect to all. Kit

Oh the young girl I mentioned.....I have one of my own.a little older now lol!....she is my wife.....I think the world of her.......I will not let her get on the bike without protective gear.....yes she will try sometimes......that is another thing.....if you care about someone you should try to protect them...It is not just us dummies out there, others rely and depend on us too.

Hi Jack: I am not sure how to answer this....may have given a wrong impression. .

Kit, I was just trying to make play on words based on your statement... 'So the score was 34/3. No helmets won!' (sic). Sorry it sounded like I was getting after you or where you stand on the hemet issue. I also wear my helmet ATT (all the time). Hey, as horizontally challenged as I am I've bang'd my head a few times over the years...and it hurts. Don't want to do it off a scoot. "To wear or not to wear...that is the question".... a little Shaky Spear pun.

Guest KitCarson
Kit, I was just trying to make play on words based on your statement... 'So the score was 34/3. No helmets won!' (sic). Sorry it sounded like I was getting after you or where you stand on the hemet issue. I also wear my helmet ATT (all the time). Hey, as horizontally challenged as I am I've bang'd my head a few times over the years...and it hurts. Don't want to do it off a scoot. "To wear or not to wear...that is the question".... a little Shaky Spear pun.
You would have to work very hard to get me upset!! I was using the post to talk to everyone about helmets basically.....I am the worlds worst about not wearing a jacket in this hot southern weather myself.......I can assure you it will not happen again!! I do not plan to go 130 miles an hour on a sport bike and fall off either......but will wear my jacket. They have came out with an air mesh one now......will try one of those this coming summer. No you can get pretty rough with me..and just get a smile........Take Care.........Kit:thumbsup:

They have came out with an air mesh one now......will try one of those this coming summer. No you can get pretty rough with me..and just get a smile........Take Care.........Kit

Coming back home from Ft Collins I wore my mesh in 102-105degs for just about the entire 600 miles from Idaho to Sacramento on the last day. It was nippy when I left ID, and had the liner in for the first 100 miles down to Wells NV., and then took it out....quick!! I was pretty comfortable in mesh mode....as long as I kept the R's up. Buy one...you'll like it.

Let Those Who Ride Decide

People die everyday on motorcycles.. with and without helmets. Helmet Laws do not work. I don't know if any of you noticed or not how many riders that are forced to wear a helmet are wearing these little plastic beanies with a little foam in them... I own one myself and know it offers next to nothing for protection but wear it in states with stupid helmet laws.. I also have a modular I wear when the weather requires it..

HELMETS ARE SAFER

Most of the time.. Yes I would agree.. I know a guy who rides a wheelchair that he controls with his teeth because his helmeted head bounced off the pavement like a basketball and snapped his neck who disagrees.

Here's a question for all you Helmet Law advocates.. If helmets are so much safer do you wear them in your car/truck? NO!! Why not? It could save your life some day. It has to be safer... Right .. You mean you buckle up your kids in the back of your Volvo Wagon (insert this year's Consumer Reports safest car here) without a helmet!! What a lousy parent you are that doesn't care about your own children but want to preach to me and pass a law to make sure I wear a helmet.

I am against any law that prohibits anyone from wearing a helmet. If you want to wear a helmet by all means do it and I will support your freedom to do so. Please support my freedom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineyak viewpost.gif

I am against any law that prohibits anyone from wearing a helmet..

I think it might sound better if you say 'requires anyone to wear a helmet':rotf::rotf:

No I said it right the 1st time.. I support your right to wear a helmet and I'm asking for your support of my right to not wear a helmet. What if helmets were outlawed? Some people like making laws for all kinds of reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineyak viewpost.gif

I am against any law that prohibits anyone from wearing a helmet..

No I said it right the 1st time.. I support your right to wear a helmet and I'm asking for your support of my right to not wear a helmet. What if helmets were outlawed? Some people like making laws for all kinds of reasons.

OK, If you say so.......