IGNORED

Mustang Seat Update w/ pics

BigBoyinMS

Just in case someone is interested... here is the latest email (and pics) I got from Mustang. Looks good but also looks like they may take away some butt room and raise you up.

Venture Owners,

We have an update for you on the progress we have made with the new Mustang seats for the Yamaha Venture.

Seat styles have been set, along with pricing. A couple of pictures have been attached showing the first prototype seat on the bike. We can send more pictures upon request, but please be aware that they are large (2MB).

Mustang will be making four separate, one-piece, two-person touring seats for the Venture. The seats will all be in the Regal or "pillow" style. They will be available with or without chrome studs, and with or without the built-in driver backrest. We have tried to keep the driver's seating position as close to stock as possible, but our firmer seat foam will result in a slightly higher seat height for both driver and passenger, as you will not sink into the seat like you do on the stock seat.

Seats are not yet in production, but will be soon. We cannot take pre-orders yet. As soon as production begins, you will be notified so you can pre-order and get into the waiting line. Wait time will be from two to three weeks once production starts.

Prices are as follows:

Regal touring seat, no studs, $469.00

Regal touring seat, studded, $499.00

Regal touring seat with built-in driver backrest, no studs, $669.00

Regal touring seat with built-in driver backrest, studded, $699.00

Look over the attached pictures and let me know if you want more.

Thanks again for your interest in our products.

Ike

Customer Service

http://www.daraq.com/images/RSV_MustangSeat2.jpg

http://www.daraq.com/images/RSV_MustangSeat1.jpg

What would be the advantage of the mustang seat over the stock seat?

Letter mentions pillow top with firmer foam so I'm thinking it might be similar to a Yamaha pillow top seat after having a Butler mod. But the pillow top isn't the base stock seat, is it? If not, then this sounds like a big improvement over the standard stock seat, and (possibly?) a slight improvement over the stock pillow top. I've got the Yamaha Corbin, so I'm looking for something a little softer and this might fit the bill if I can't find a used pillow top.

I can't imagine more comfortable than the stock seat that came with ours.

I guess that would depend on which stock seat you have since it seems to me that there are quite a few different ones, some better than others. I do know that Rick Butler has modified numerous stock seats for folks here, and it's my understanding that what he does definitely improves them.

Letter mentions pillow top with firmer foam so I'm thinking it might be similar to a Yamaha pillow top seat after having a Butler mod. But the pillow top isn't the base stock seat, is it? If not, then this sounds like a big improvement over the standard stock seat, and (possibly?) a slight improvement over the stock pillow top. I've got the Yamaha Corbin, so I'm looking for something a little softer and this might fit the bill if I can't find a used pillow top.

Pillow tops are now the standard seat for the 2nd gen and have been since the 06 on both ventures of that year.

They look good. I had a mustang wide nostalgic on a Honda Shadow Ace. It was comfortable but did push me forward too much. Looks like those would do the same thing. I think I'll stick with my Corbin.

I agree, What year was your ACE. Mine was a 97. I miss it sometimes

• 1 month later...
Pillow tops are now the standard seat for the 2nd gen and have been since the 06 on both ventures of that year.

Correction... '07 wasn't it? My '06 Midnight has the studded seat and the '07 Midnight came out with the pollowtop.

I had a Mustang seat on my '01 VTX and loved it. But I just put new Yamaha pillow tops on my '99 RSV and can't imagine that these new Mustang seats are more comfortable than what I just installed. I just did 1,100 miles this weekend and my ass never felt so good. :hurts:

I had a Mustang seat on my '01 VTX and loved it. But I just put new Yamaha pillow tops on my '99 RSV and can't imagine that these new Mustang seats are more comfortable than what I just installed. I just did 1,100 miles this weekend and my ass never felt so good. :hurts:

Would you mind if I asked where you got your pillow tops and how much they cost? Thanks.

Would you mind if I asked where you got your pillow tops and how much they cost? Thanks.

I was very fortunate to have a contact inside Yamaha who was able to get me a "partner discount" as they call it, and saved about 35% off dealer cost. That dropped the total price to about $390 for both seats and the passenger backrest. Deal of the year. :thumbsup2: