In the last several days I've heard a click or klak when pulling away from a stop and when starting to decelerate. It is a single klak which seems more like a knock on hard plastic than metal on metal. It does seem to come from the front but not sure where.

Any suggestions where to start looking?

In the last several days I've heard a click or klak when pulling away from a stop and when starting to decelerate. It is a single klak which seems more like a knock on hard plastic than metal on metal. It does seem to come from the front but not sure where.

Any suggestions where to start looking?

My guess is you have something going on in your forks.... :confused07:

I would check for a loose caliper on front wheel. It could be just the brake pads being a little loose in the calipers..:thumbsup2:

Checked and they are tight, Thanks Eck. You guys settled in now?

My first Stop would be checking the Steering Stem Nut. Maybe it's a bit loose.

Second Thing would be looking inside the Fork Legs, looking for missing Washers between Fork Spring and a Spacer

this will show my ignorance, but, since I haven't done anything with the forks, how can I have something missing inside the forks?? :confused24: I'll check the other though. thanks!

Could it be in the shaft drive? Maybe there is a problem developing with the rear end.

When my '86 had a pinion bearing going, I was getting a lot of lash noise, Klack might describe it sometimes.

What happens when you get on and off the gas quickly? Driveline lash will be exposed then.

In my case local dealer rebuilt the rear drive with a new pinion bearing. There was some excess wear on the ring gear, but so far after about 4000 more miles, the magnet drain plug isn't showing any excess metal and things are quiet and tight.

My first Stop would be checking the Steering Stem Nut. Maybe it's a bit loose.

Second Thing would be looking inside the Fork Legs, looking for missing Washers between Fork Spring and a Spacer

Wasn't there a problem with some of the early RSV's where the steering stem nut wouldn't hold adjustment because there was a weld problem in the tree?? The bottom race maybe?? I think I remember reading about that a long time ago. Just can't recall exactely what it was....:backinmyday:

Edited by Condor

this will show my ignorance, but, since I haven't done anything with the forks, how can I have something missing inside the forks?? :confused24: I'll check the other though. thanks!

How would i know if you've done something on your Fork or not ?

I'm just thinking out loud. Maybe too much or too loud ...

Some 15 years ago on my Royale. The damn right rotor was loose. Click when touching the breaks and sometines a clack as I started off. I just grabbed the rotor and sure enough I could move it 2mm frwd and back. Easy thing to check...