IGNORED

Next Question...

bongobobny

Fred does not have a car tire on the front of his trike. That tire he uses is for a Motorcycle side car and he gave me all the info so I might try it when I need a new front on my trike.

He says it helps the trike to turn and will last for a very long time.

Just for your info.

Hope this helps

:080402gudl_prv:

Fred does not have a car tire on the front of his trike. That tire he uses is for a Motorcycle side car and he gave me all the info so I might try it when I need a new front on my trike.

He says it helps the trike to turn and will last for a very long time.

Just for your info.

Hope this helps

:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks for the clarification, I saw his '84 in '06 at the Eureka Springs rally when we had to go pick E-Fishin-C and our bike up. I noticed the squared off tire and didn't know it was from a hack

:confused24:

Here is the tire info that Fred uses on the front of his trike

Metzeler Classic

BLOCK K

Classic tread patterns dedicated to medium-small capacity motorcycles, providing great

performance and optimum visual fitment

• Tire contour with wide curvature for high precision in setting trajectories and providing easy handling
  • Specific tread design with dedicated groove geometry for great water drainage, very high mileage and constant performance
  • Good grip both in dry as well as in wet conditions, with high skid resistance

Size Range

400/18

Hope this helps

:thumbsup2:

I am on my second tire on the front of my trike. The first one was a rear tire mounted in reverse rotation. It was a Michelin Macadam M50. I ran it up the Alcan Highway 2 times which is really 4 times up and back. Dallas Tx. to Fairbanks AK, and everywhere else I went for 6 years and 60,000 plus miles. I recently replaced it with a Michelin Commander rear tire mounted again in reverse rotation. Never had any problems.

I was having a car tire mounted on the rear of my Honda Pacific Coast last month and the car tire blew out the sidewall while being mounted. Scared the sh*t out of the tech at the cycle dealership. They refuse to mount any more car tires on motorcycles. By the way the tire was a brand new B.F. Goodrich T/A radial.

Ummmmm :scratchchin: Interesting..... I need a new front before next riding season.

Darrell, so there are no issue's with space or anything by using the rear tire?

And why reversed?:think:

I will changing out my front during the next winter anyways.

I have already looked into a C/T but that is a no go for me so far

in looking into it the past year. I also am wondering if it will effect

my turning witch is perfect now. as the new rear would be a taller tire? not sure.

thanks,

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

I am not sure why but thats the way we did it back in the 60's when tires were made with a directional arrow for front rotation and the same tire had another arrow in the opposite direction for rear. The only explanation was something to with the way the belts were wrapped. I'm no authority but only report I have had no problems with this setup. I also have a rear tire on the front of my honda pacific coast running in reverse rotation. The tread on a rear tire is 2/32 to 4/32 of an inch deeper than a front tire typically. Motorcycle tires are said to have stiffer sidewalls than car tires allowing less roll and deformation under stress.