IGNORED

Tea Party Accident

Shot

Well, I was making the left turn around the Capitol in Raleigh, NC at todays Tea Party event and had to stop just into the turn because of a hole in the pavement. My buddy hit the right rear saddle bag and boy did it bust into peices.

I have a 2004 Venture, pearl white..........does anyone have or know of a right rear saddle bag they want to get rid of?

Hey Joe,

I found this on Ebay, not exactly what you are looking for but close. He seems to be somewhat flexable on the price. A little paint and you would be as good as new!

Item number: 280483870333

I can get that saddle bag NEW for $975.00 plus shipping from Yamaha.

Sorry I can't help more,:confused24: Glad you are O.K.

Earl

Hey Joe,

I found this on Ebay, not exactly what you are looking for but close. He seems to be somewhat flexable on the price. A little paint and you would be as good as new!

Item number: 280483870333

I can get that saddle bag NEW for $975.00 plus shipping from Yamaha.

Sorry I can't help more,:confused24: Glad you are O.K.

Earl

Thanks ole buddy. I hope to find something in the classifieds; one of the guys has triked his bike. How you doing these days? Have you gone back to work or are you still drawing that outrageous unemployment and loving it? I will be taking the top off the pool shortly so you and the bride come on down.

I've seen several bags on eBay for sale time to time. Hope you can find a replacement soon and get it painted (a paint job is not cheap either). For $975 for a bag from Yamaha is very expensive in my books.

For the paint job - it may be in your best interest to try a few body shops in your area (or a Maaco, if you have one) go with cash in hand and the bag off the bike, washed nice and clean.

Actually, I'd pull the lock cylinder and the black plastic surrounds out for the outside to be painted anyways.

For these bags, you really do want a base-clear paint (don't get talked into an enamel or polyurethane finish - even with an integrated clear).

:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv: