IGNORED

Wish me luck & keep your fingers crossed...

Iowawegian

There is an estate auction at our next door neighbors Sunday with an 89 Virago 1100 on it. It's got a bad back tire, the auctioneer doesn't know if it will start and it's got the derndest thing on the gas tank. It's a relief of a precious moments figure on it (I know, I know.....don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but he was an odd ball to say the least) but.....I'm hoping I can get it for about $200.00.

I'll put a new tire on it, get that #%*# thing off the gas tank, have it repainted for $200.00. Hopefully the battery will just need charging.

When I get done with it, I hope to have a match to mine. Wish I had a pix to show you how ugly mine was before I had it repainted. This bike is quite a bit older than mine, but the style is pretty much the same.

If I get this thing....I'm going to have to post a pix of what that gas tank looks like. Anyway...this is how I'm hoping to have it look when I get done. Wish me luck!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Good luck with the aution. That sounds like fun. I wish I had space and time to do that. There are a lot of really cool old bikes just sitting around gathering dust and rust. It would be fun to put some of them back on the road again.

BTW, I'm a displaced Iowan. Lived in Cedar Falls until moving to Houston at age 24. But I must admit I don't know where Northwood is. I'm planning to get up there this summer and hoping to bring the RSV so I'll keep an eye out for any Iowa functions. Take care.

David.

Good luck with the aution. That sounds like fun. I wish I had space and time to do that. There are a lot of really cool old bikes just sitting around gathering dust and rust. It would be fun to put some of them back on the road again.

BTW, I'm a displaced Iowan. Lived in Cedar Falls until moving to Houston at age 24. But I must admit I don't know where Northwood is. I'm planning to get up there this summer and hoping to bring the RSV so I'll keep an eye out for any Iowa functions. Take care.

David.

2 of our sons live in Cedar Falls!!! It's 1 1/2 hours southest of us. Lucky you, you get nice weather all year round for the most part!!

Let us know if your in our area!!

2 of our sons live in Cedar Falls!!! It's 1 1/2 hours southest of us. Lucky you, you get nice weather all year round for the most part!!

Let us know if your in our area!!

So I'm guessing that would put Northwood up somewhere near Mason City? Do your son's ride? My brother in law in Cedar Falls does, and my other brother in law out west in Storm Lake and his boys all ride, so hopefully I will talk my wife into letting me trailer up the RSV for our trip and we'll all figure out a way to get together for some riding. I'll let you know and possibly we can join up. Take care.

So I'm guessing that would put Northwood up somewhere near Mason City? Do your son's ride? My brother in law in Cedar Falls does, and my other brother in law out west in Storm Lake and his boys all ride, so hopefully I will talk my wife into letting me trailer up the RSV for our trip and we'll all figure out a way to get together for some riding. I'll let you know and possibly we can join up. Take care.

You got it. 20 miles straight north of Mason! Yes, my boys ride. Both Yamaha's....the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

Why trailer instead of ride up here?