I have a set of Metzeler's on my Vulcan. I've had them on for 5000 miles.

http://www.keithert.com/pics/vulcan/Photo_090509_010a.JPG

Great looking bike! Great looking background! The wire spokes make a big difference with those whitewalls.

:mo money:

I have run two sets of the Avon Venoms now, using the 130 sized front. They wear well and handle even better.

I understand that they are now out of production; however, they are on shelves still. I just got a new rear one last week in Alberta.

Good Luck!

I have run the D 404 for the last five sets with the wide whitewalls. There life span is not with the Metzlers or Avons but the price is good and the performance is great. Metzlers I will never own again due to belt breakdown. I have never tried the Avons but many of my friends run them. I have nearly 120,000 miles on my 02 and for what I do and love the Dunlop fits the bill.

:farmer:

I have run two sets of the Avon Venoms now, using the 130 sized front. They wear well and handle even better.

I understand that they are now out of production; however, they are on shelves still. I just got a new rear one last week in Alberta.

Good Luck!

Bobbyduck can I ask where you got your avon and the price? I'm going to need a new avon this summer for the rear. Just wondering if there's a good retailer in Alberta or if you got it out province.

Thanks Conrad