IGNORED

Question on seats for the RSV

Does anyone know if there is any difference in seats between a 1999 RSV and a 2006. I am looking for a seat and just found out that I can buy a new 1999 seat, shipped to my door, for about $10.00 more than what some are being sold for used. Wasn't sure if there was a difference or not. Even from Yamaha they are different prices.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in seats between a 1999 RSV and a 2006. I am looking for a seat and just found out that I can buy a new 1999 seat, shipped to my door, for about $10.00 more than what some are being sold for used. Wasn't sure if there was a difference or not. Even from Yamaha they are different prices.

Not a difference in mounting hardware. Just comfort. I swapped out my '99 seats for the '06 seats this year.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in seats between a 1999 RSV and a 2006.

As far as I know, there are 2 different styles of seats over the years. The '99 and '00 seats are one style, and in '01 to the present is what we here call the "pillow-top" seat. There is one other seat, it is the one that comes on the "Midnight Venture" (but not '07 and '08). I'm not REAL sure, but I think the Midnight seat is the same as the '99 and '00, except that it has STUDS. The seat on the Special Edition Millenium 2000 is the same seat as the '99 and '00, but it is a carmel color.

From what I've read on this forum and others, most riders think the "pillow-top" seat is the most comfortable (my opinion too). Of course, opinions vary, and there is also different opinions on which is most comfortable for the co-rider.

I've priced a new pillow-top seat at my usual on-line parts vendor at $557 (3 pieces).

http://www.zanottimotor.com

Cool thats what I was hoping. After looking at the dealership I deal with for my Warrior I found what I believed were three price differences. Since it doesn't show great pictures I was hoping they were interchangable. My first choice would be to buy a good used one, I was just looking in case that fell through. Personally I find the pillowtop on my 06 way too soft. I have always ridden on Corbins and can't get used to the squishyness of the pillowtop, if that's a word.

Hey WIKD, have you checked out Hartco seats yet? They have a plant over there in Crescent City Fl. I have one on my 99 and I love it. The original owner had a new front seat done with a back rest and had the factory reare seat recovered to match. Just an option.....