IGNORED

Almost ready to burn dead dinosaurs

RedRider

Well, my 5 gal aux tank arrived today, my Russell Day Long seat arrived last week, completed all the maintenance (other than a Carbtune and brake fluid flush), and am ready to start the riding season.

The aux tank fit beautifully on the 3 gal mounting board. Need to pick up a brass fitting and some fuel line at Fleet Farm, but other than that, the ride is gtg.

I did find with the aux tank on the pillion seat, I couldn't get the trunk open. However, I removed the passenger backrest and could get the trunk almost to the locked open position. Just need to put some bolts with rubber washers in the mounting holes and I will be done with the tank mounting. I will post some pics this weekend.

I am ready to go burn lots of dead dinosaurs! With the aux tank, should get 350 to 400 miles per fillup.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Time for bed.

RR

I can understand, that while traveling, its a bummer to have to stop for gas.

while traveling alone, I can do 600 to 1000 miles a day, if the weather is good. But lately, with the wife onboard, and dragging her suitcase. after 135 miles, (I need a break)

Let us know if you like the Russell Day Long set up or not :whistling:

I certainly will. First week if May we have a group heading to Big Bend Nat'l Park (SW Texas) that will be a 4000+ mile week. That should give me a good assessment of the RSL saddle that I will report here.

RR

while traveling alone, I can do 600 to 1000 miles a day, if the weather is good. But lately, with the wife onboard, and dragging her suitcase. after 135 miles, (I need a break)

Yup, I understand. When I am traveling with the bride, regular tank fillup intervals is pushing it. But that's OK. When I am riding with her, we are generally just running around the midwest for a 500-600 miles long weekend or a 1000-1200 mile week. Stopping to see things, hike, starting late, stopping early. The real advantage of having her on the bike rather than in the cage is that she can't buy stuff at the antique places we go through.

RR

I recommend gremlins in the intercom system. :missingtooth: