IGNORED

report out on my rear Dunlop E3

CMIKE

A Brand New Dunlop E3 has a tread depth of 11/32 for the rear. I have 10713 miles on mine and still have almost 6/32 left. (not quite 6/32 after several measurements) I just got back from a 675 mile trip and it moved it off the 6/32 mark. It was a solid 6/32 before I left.

So how many miles do you think I will get with this rear tire...and when should I change it and still be safe. Running it to the threads show is not what I consider safe.

I am thinking at about 4/32 pull if off. I already have a new one ready to go in its place.

I am very pleased with this tire...

I would think 20k...Me personally, I'll run it down to bout 1/32 in the center and change it. (most will probably disagree) Where ever you feel safe. Car tires are recommended at 2/32 and to me 4/32 is alot of tread left in the center to get rid of it, especially for what they cost.

On the flip side, I ordered an E3 today. I've gotten bout 13k out of a meztler and it has bout 1/32 left left in the center.

What is the date code on the tire.... the only E3 tires I could get locally had a date of 13 05.

Dunlop said to remove from service after 6 to 7 years of date code no matter the wear.

3508 on the ground now...new one 4509...