We are planning a ride next Saturday morning starting around 10:00 a.m. leaving from Flatwoods. Our CMA meeting starts at 9 and the ride will start afterwards. We usually try to meet for breakfast arouind 8 or 8:30 before the meeting starts. All visiters are welcome. Anyone interested you all welcome to join in.....

We are planning a ride next Saturday morning starting around 10:00 a.m. leaving from Flatwoods. Our CMA meeting starts at 9 and the ride will start afterwards. We usually try to meet for breakfast arouind 8 or 8:30 before the meeting starts. All visiters are welcome. Anyone interested you all welcome to join in.....

Do you know where you're going yet?

:sign06::sign brain fart::sign It wasnt me::sign back to topic::rotfl:

Never had an optima last more than 2 years. I simply replace my battery every spring, Cheaper than a new optima every 2.

Has anyone else had better luck with them? I've used them in cars and have always been disappointed with them, even with a $300.00 battery tender for winter storage they still die as fast as a el-cheapo battery for me.

Cleaning does a lot!! Clean all terminals and cable connections. Pull starter and clean it out. Add heavier cables and it will start like a new one. Fixed the "Blue Beast" about a week before I wrecked her. She would start before you could get finger off button!!

:think:Thats where i put those cables. I knew I had a set!!! And a good clean starter with new brushes!!

After all the discussion on this board about AGM batteries I'm not sure why anyone would still buy an Odyssey. Over priced, and not the same foot print as the OEM. I'm not sure if it's still in effect, but last year Bohanon was giving the board members a price on the DEKA EXT18L AGM battery for $80 and that included shipping. Maybe someone will chime in and verify the price is still good? But if not, at retail, it's still a better deal than the Odyssey. And the nice thing about the DEKA is it's the same size as the OEM with more CCA's.

Gerald, I have been very happy so far with my Oddesy. So far, it hasn't mattered whether it is 20º or 100º with a hot engine, it cranks right up. With my old wet batteries, more than once I got caught when it was hot and the bike did not want to start. I have had mine a couple of years. Now, I would probably consider the Deka battery.

RandyA

Hope that Odessy works out for you. They didnt for me. They warrantied 2 for me before I gave up. I bought the Yuasa High performance which was cheaper and had higher CCA. Havent had a problem since. Pricier isnt always better.

BTW the Yuasa I described is an AGM just like the Odessy.

Also keep in mind a regular battery tender will not work with the Odessy. You will need a stronger one from them that trickles at 6 A. If you dont the battery tender will be just a nice decoration and the battery will still go dead. All the AGMs use a regular battery tender.

That statement is a bit contradictory. You said that "the Yuasa I described is an AGM just like the Odessy" and then you said "a regular battery tender will not work with the Odessy" but that "All the AGMs use a regular battery tender". So you first say that they are the same and then that they are different.

This battery tender thing has been brought up several times and I still say that it is NOT true that a battery tender cannot be used on the Odessy. It cannot be CHARGED with a battery tender but a battery tender is certainly fine for what it is designed to do, maintain a fully charged battery. I used a Battery Tender on my Odessy for over 5 years and it did just fine.

After all the discussion on this board about AGM batteries I'm not sure why anyone would still buy an Odyssey. Over priced, and not the same foot print as the OEM. I'm not sure if it's still in effect, but last year Bohanon was giving the board members a price on the DEKA EXT18L AGM battery for $80 and that included shipping. Maybe someone will chime in and verify the price is still good? But if not, at retail, it's still a better deal than the Odyssey. And the nice thing about the DEKA is it's the same size as the OEM with more CCA's.

I think these are the same Battery just different retailer www.bigcrank.com http://www.bigcrank.com/yamaha-xvz13-royal-star-venture-battery/ETX-20L.html

AGM's Rule, no acid so can be UPS to your door again under $100.00. If you seriously need a battery check them out. :thumbsup:

Edited by frogmaster
http://www.bigcrank.com/yamaha-xvz13-royal-star-venture-battery/ETX-20L.html

• 1 year later...