IGNORED

not all harley riders are jerks

oldgoat

today i went out to give the venture a ride after doing brakes rotors and tires. i put on about 55 miles and things where starting to come out of it what i mean is the bike was running good. idle around 1000 rpms at the stop lights. can hit 80 mph and thats in fourth. well i was just enjoying the day when about 5 bikes came up and went around me they stoped in a nearby town about 5 miles down the road i went past. about 2 miles down the road the bike started to act up. cut in cut out? i looked at the gas gauge still showed 2 lines? then poof it quit. i pulled off to the side of the road going now what? my bike is stuck on reserve i think as i cant turn the petcock. not broke just stuck afraid to use pliers. well while im looking like a lost child. these bikers came up and said whats wrong. i said not sure it just died. like it ran out of gas. well they rocked the bike and said sure sounds like ya got none. so off one of them went came back with 2 galons of gas put it in the bike slow cranking for some reason new gel battery. but after about 4 cranks she fired up. i said what i owe ya. he shook my hand said nothing. and vroooomm they where gone. now gas cost about 3 bucks here thats 6 bucks. i will never forget. daman thats his plate .. so all in all its been a nice day.

not all harley riders are jerks

You're right, and I was one for 18 years. Always helped any brother of the wind on the side of the road.

There's good and bad in every bunch of folks...Glad you found the good ones.

Later, Scooter Bob

The bad ones would have pushed your bike down the road and made you keep theirs!;)

Just kidding! I ride with alot of Harley guys.

Guest seuadr

theres riders, then there are guys who own bikes. you ran into riders. it's the guys who own bikes that are dicks. riders understand that brand names are nice and all, but we are all into the same thing, and we all share the same road, so why not be nice to eachother. even hardcore 1%ers, in my experence, will leave you alone unless you are trying to start a problem. this of course isn't always true, but nothing is always true :happy34:

i ride with a couple of guys who are exclusively harley, they will stop for a down moped offer the shirt off there back, gas, and any other thing to help out someone stranded. thats why i call them brothers!...my kinda guys! glad you found some more of the good ones out there...

. daman thats his plate .. so all in all its been a nice day.

Karma, brother ... what goes around comes around ..... this I TRULY believe!!

For six bucks he made your day and ... I'm sure .... he felt dam good too!

Nice positive post!! Well done.