IGNORED

Comfort Cruise/Corbin Seat?

Either the Yamaha iteration or directly from Corbin (Corbin makes Yamaha's accessory seat). Who has one on their TD, Do you like it, and is it an improvement over the stock seat for the driver and the passenger (important)?

Thank You

rstddog

I've got the Mustang seat with pillion and drivers backrest.

The top of the line seats are about the same quality. Mustang and Corbin.

Although they are a step up from factory seating, I'm wondering...

To have a thorougly comfortable 500+ mile ride per day, you need at least two of the three for your seat : AirHawke, Sheepskin and/or Beads.

That way you can switch them at pit stops. I need to get the beads as I have the other two and am very happy with them.

Either the Yamaha iteration or directly from Corbin (Corbin makes Yamaha's accessory seat). Who has one on their TD, Do you like it, and is it an improvement over the stock seat for the driver and the passenger (important)?

Thank You

rstddog

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I bought a used one last year and I don't like it at all. I have had Corbin seats many times and they were great, but this one is a torture rack. I put over 1000 km on trying to "break it in" and the seat won! Also it raised me up about an inch or more and was high-centered, I felt like I was 3 and riding a hobby horse again! :Sad_0241:

I went to an Ultimate and really like it, way comfortable.

I've got a Kawasaki Vulcan with a two-up Mustang which is way more comfortable that their stock seat, a Superglide with the stock Harley seat...Ugh, in town only, and a Yamaha/Corbin on my TC. I can do way more miles on the TC/Corbin combo than on the Vulcan/Mustang pair. My daddy always said son, "There's a bucket for every seat". I think you just have to set your bucket on every seat til you find the one that fits.

I've got it...its alot better than the stock seat. I does raise you up bout an inch mainly because the seat is firm and doesn't compress like the stock seat. Right not I've got the Butler mod on my stock seat and I've opted to ride on it instead with a utopia backrest. Personally I would try the butler mod first before buying a another seat.

I also had a mustang seat on it and I prefered the comfort cruise over it mainly because the mustang is to wide and shallow. The only problem I have with the comfort cruise is it has a small hump or ridge in the center of the seat thats alittle awkward. I'm not sure if the corbin has that same design. As far as passenger seat goes, they are firm compared to the stock seat.

Thank You

rstddog

I've got a 96, and the stock seat was no more than a stick. I purchased floor boards and a studded passenger seat from Yamaha, and the comments were all very positive.

If you are looking to purchase a new passenger seat, I'll sell the one I have. I purchased it in 2000, the backrest and passenger floorboards as well. I am hanging on to the floorboards at present, as I am trying to create a "riser" to raise the floorboards. As soon as I am done with that, I'll be selling the floorboards and mounts. I have converted the royal star to a "solo" bike. I also have a set of floorboards without mounts that I am selling.

gunk

Thanks for all the responses. I had a Corbin seat on my ST1100 and really liked it, but I was also 10-15 years younger then too. I have located a used Corbin?comfort cruise seat driver and pillion for $275. looks to be in good shape from the pictures. In the ad it says its a Corbin "gel" seat. Looks like the one on the Yamaha Star website but they don't say anything about gel in the description there.

If I buy it and like it but the wife hates it, well enough said there, I m back to square one.

I know every one is different where seats are concerned so trying to get an idea. I have looked at the Russell day long. Looks nice and I like the idea of it being custom but a little pricey. Of course if I buy the Corbin and don't like it, then its money to put toward a more expensive option. If people in general don't like them(the corbin for the TD) that makes it harder to re-sell too if it doesn't work for me.

Thanks again for the feedback

RSTDdog