IGNORED

Wny ride saturday

BIG TOM

Going to be in the 70's this Saturday...planing a ride to the berry patch and to mar jims winery on lake Ontario or Olcott beach...all wny'ers welcome....leaving the Sunoco gas station at GENESSEE AND WALDEN at 9am...( just 1/2 mile east of Wende prision)...will ride by flying j's on rt. 77 at Pembrook thruway exit to pick up anyone else who would like to join us (breakfast..?)...we will be at the flying j's at about 9:20..and you don't have to ask... ice cream is waiting for us at the berry patch....so all you wny'ers saddle up for the official wny first ride of the season...:dancefool::fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big Tom,

I just wanted to see how the ride weather is this time of year up there. My Bro lives in Penn Yan and I'm planning a road trip up there 4/12 from ATL. Anything I should be aware of? Wish I could hit the Berry Patch with you guys this Sat.

HEY Dave - Weather this time of year is a crap shoot mornings can be very cold while the afternoons very warm. Not to mention you could run into rain or snow, more rain than snow I would figure. Long range weather puts the temps in the 30's for mornings and 60's in the afternoon. Short story would be bring your cold weather gear you might not need it but at least you'll have it. I live in Angelica, NY now but grew up in Canandaigua, NY, Have a safe trip.

HEY Dave - Weather this time of year is a crap shoot mornings can be very cold while the afternoons very warm. Not to mention you could run into rain or snow, more rain than snow I would figure. Long range weather puts the temps in the 30's for mornings and 60's in the afternoon. Short story would be bring your cold weather gear you might not need it but at least you'll have it. I live in Angelica, NY now but grew up in Canandaigua, NY, Have a safe trip.

:sign yeah that: :sign yeah that::fnd_(16):

Thanks Rick & Tom,

Yeah that's what I thought. I'm from NJ originally, but that lake effect weather you have is very different than what I remember. Last time I was up there I drove an SUV around Watkins Glen, that was a fun time. I wish they would let bikes on the course.

Hey Dave, I just posted on your thread . I live in the Canandaigua area now and NY Jerry lives in Waterloo in Seneca county. The weathers been in the 40's and 50's on averahe but down to the 20 and 30's at night, brrrrr. Like Rickster said bring the cold weather gear. We'd love to show you some of the roads in the area. I'm retired so i have the time to show you the sights drop me a line I left you my number on your thread. hope to hear from you. phil. PB&J.:big-grin-emoticon:

HEY TOM WE'LL TRY TO BE THERE. WE'LL HAVE TO BE UP AROUND 6AM AND ON THE ROAD BY 7AM. WE'LL TRY TO MEET YOU AT THE FLYING "J"AT 9:20AM. pHIL.

HEY, your retired...what else do you have to do at that time in the morning.........:rotf::rotfl::rotf::fnd_(16): phil call me if you think you may have a problem..... nothing like seeing the sunrise while on two wheels.............lol:whistling:

HEY TOM WE'LL TRY TO BE THERE. WE'LL HAVE TO BE UP AROUND 6AM AND ON THE ROAD BY 7AM. WE'LL TRY TO MEET YOU AT THE FLYING "J"AT 9:20AM. pHIL.

Hey Tom I'll try to be there. I will have to leave at 3AM to get to either spot to join up with you all. I will clean the dust off and check the oil and tiers, in other words get the bike out of the shed.

I will let you know by friday night or saterday morning If I can go.

It's ben a while since the sun has chased me west.

Hey Tom I'll try to be there. I will have to leave at 3AM to get to either spot to join up with you all. I will clean the dust off and check the oil and tiers, in other words get the bike out of the shed.

I will let you know by friday night or saterday morning If I can go.

It's ben a while since the sun has chased me west.

Man, your a riding fool.....I remember the last time you rode all that way just for lunch....your a better man than me....now if you said ice cream:whistling::whistling::fnd_(16):

Thanks for the update Tom. I think I will be out for this one. But please keep me posted as I do plan on coming out one of these days.. Looking into the second job thing and it is going to really cut into my time.. :crying:

Heres an idea...when your free post a ride...we will be there....:dancefool:WNY rule...all rides MUST include ice cream....:big-grin-emoticon: :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Hey Big Tom we need to plan a ride out by smileriders area. There's a great BBQ place in his part of the state. I can not remember the name of it right now But I'm sure he knows of it. Stopped there two years ago on a ride and it was great and it also has an ice cream store there. Have a fun and safe ride Saturday, sorry I have to miss this one. :7_6_3[1]:

Just gassed up the bike and stopped at the yamasteler for a new riding outfit.

I will be leaving 3Am and should be there 20 minutes early to grab breakfast.

If the bike's willing I'll be there, It should be a good trip.

:7_6_3[1]: