IGNORED

Cruise Control acclerates on its own.

kkent66

I have a 2006 RSV. I was out on the road over the weekend and my cruise control was out of control. When I would engage the cruise control it would start accelerating at a rapid speed all on its own. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2006 RSV. I was out on the road over the weekend and my cruise control was out of control. When I would engage the cruise control it would start accelerating at a rapid speed all on its own. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Swap with me mine will not hold over 60 mph. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Seriously you need to take it to the dealer. I would consider that a safety issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Took it to dealer and everything checked out ok. They said the switch on handle bar was dirty and sticking. Cleaned it up for me and had it on the road the last two days and no issues!

I noticed today that mine will engage then shut off shortly thereafter without touching anything. I used it several times today and it is an intermittent problem.

I'll try to clean up the switch and go from there. Otherwise off to the dealer. :)

Anyone else had this problem?

hh

I had a problem where the cruise control would kick out for not reason. However there was a reason, the hand brake lever was very loose. By adjusting the screw on the lever to take out most of the free play I solved the problem.

Wow, never thought of that! I'll give it a look.

Thank you.

hh

Radio Shack , has a spray can of " Electrical Contact Cleaner "

OR, CRC 2-26, Home Depot , and maby Lowes, carries the stuff. Great for Cleaning all Electrical contacts !!

I have found CRC 3-36 is much better than the 2-26.