IGNORED

Fixed the buzzz in my grips

Canuck

Been looking for something to put on my grips and help with fatigue and the buzzing. Finally found some rubberized material at an upolstery shop that seems to work. The guy at the shop said it is close to what wet suits are made of. Rubber on one side and kind of a cloth on the other. With the rubber side down they stick very well and are kind of spongy feeling when you grip them. Just cut to fit the black portion of the grips and roll them on (carefull not to get to long on the throttle side). Joined the two ends together by putting about six holes on each edge and tied it together with a black leather shoe lace. So far so good (quick 10 km ride), the buzzing is gone. Cost was 3 dollars for the material and one leather shoe lace ( don,t remember what it cost, had it for some time). So may have 5 dollars invested and did not have to wait on shipping.:happy34:

Sync carbs

Synching my carbs has reduced the vibration in my handlebars, but, the vibes still put my hands to sleep at certain RPM's. I have considered adding weight to the bar-ends. This idea of damping the bars with rubber might be something to look into.

I have had 3 fingers broken on my right hand and 5 right shoulder operations so I feel a lot of vibs on my right handle bar. Look for "grip puppies " I have been using them for years, last 5 bikes and my wave runners. About $6.00 a pair, I use simple green to slip the on and then wash all the soap with a hose. www.cyclegadets.com sells them.

I also go to Home depot and buy padded work gloves.

Cb

Synching my carbs has reduced the vibration in my handlebars, but, the vibes still put my hands to sleep at certain RPM's. I have considered adding weight to the bar-ends. This idea of damping the bars with rubber might be something to look into.

Carpal Tunnel Symptom....

Tried all of the above, guys. Have a carb tune and check it every spring, if it,s out of sync it,s not by much. Even had the tires rebalanced a couple of times. The buzz seems to go away some if I lower the tire pressure but I don,t like running lower than 3-4 lbs bellow max. The buzz does come and go some what with rpms but I was just looking for something simple to help out. Carpal tunnel is very possible after years of running heavy equipment but the doctors can,t promiss a fix even if they operate. Also have heard about the grip puppies and they aren,t even expensive but just trying to fix it on my own. The material isn,t very thick but it does also make the grips a little thicker and seems more comfotable. A long ride will help to decide if it really works but the weather hasn,t been that nice yet so more testing to come.

OK, got an Idea, may not look to good but may work

There are some cb antenas out there that have a tapered coil spring, small on both ends large in the middel, any kind of coil spring say around one inch to 1 1/2 inch in dia. mount them to the end of the handel bars, would this absorb the vibration ?? just thinking is all.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys , was looking for some kind of solution to get rid of thos vibrations in my grips , did the carbs but still had problems whit the vibes causing me some dangerous situations where my hands go numb. tried to get some info on that liquid snake product but did not get any return on email , so went on and searched for some kind of product that would cut these vibrations , well found something , 2.99$ a tube take's two and about 20 min to inject slowly into handlebars .Been doing some driving and it help's a lot .

Edited by bill04

• 1 month later...

How about some of those gloves with the gel inserts? At least I thing they were gel anyway. I know we had discussed them here a while back. I can't remember who made them though. I'll have to do some searching.

Found them here.

http://www.qwinerveprotector.com/MotorcycleGlove.html

I might have to try some myself.

Edited by a1bummer

How about some of those gloves with the gel inserts? At least I thing they were gel anyway. I know we had discussed them here a while back. I can't remember who made them though. I'll have to do some searching.

Found them here.

http://www.qwinerveprotector.com/MotorcycleGlove.html

I might have to try some myself.

My brother bought a pair of those and doesn't care for them. Still struggles with the numb throttle hand.