IGNORED

That was somewhat uncomfortable

barend

Went to pick up my repaired laptop :cool10:, going down a two lane (country road), the red Expedition in front of me was making a right turn on what I assumed was a gravel drive. Hard to tell from my position and the lay of the land. The right shoulder went straight down 10-15 feet. I'm almost at a stop and looking in my mirror I see a car hauling ass coming up on me. Can't go right, it's a hole and that would hurt; can't go left, oncoming car, that would hurt even more. The Expedition is starting to turn but not nearly fast enough, By then I hear the wheels on the car lock up, a quick look in the mirror shows the car starting to slide, I decided to just look ahead. didn't want to see him hit me:confused24: Which didn't happen, thank goodness. got to practice my french though.:hihi: Probably some redneck prikweed talking on the cellphone.......

This is really beginning to bother me. Already have had this happen twice in the last 30 days. (yes , i have added two more big lights and flashers too)

I hate having to smooth the seat back out after the tension wears off.

Sign language works well also!

Glad yours ended well too.

This is definitely an area that scares the crap out of me. It is bad enough to try to keep up with all the stuff you are coming toward, but those idiots behind you can get you quick.

I know it may not help much, but I have two strobes inside the trunk lights and a 9 bulb LED on top of the trunk under the rack that oscillates from one side to the other when I put on the brakes. I feel it is probably even more effective at night when people have more of a problem with depth perception on a narrow vehicle.

I used to have strobes mounted inside the tail light lens, but I was pulled over by a Tennessee State Trooper who advised me that I could not have strobes behind a red lens. He was real nice about it and understood my concern about getting run over, but he said he just wanted me to know that it was illegal.

RandyA

Twice from behind, so far. The first one, after the lady knocked me down the road and while we waited for an hour for Florida Highway Patrol to arrive, the lady told me: "This just can't be my fault! I just got my license back and I've already been to defensive driving school three times -- they won't let me go again!" So I knew I was hit by one of the best.

Second one was playing with her radio when she looked up and saw that traffic was stopped. My bike kept her from slamming into the Buick in front of me. I was her shock absorber.

Sometimes there is nothing you can do but look up -- the Lord is there, and He knows what to do.

A friend of mine in High School (a few years back) was killed this way. She was riding (as a passenger) and they got rear ended at a four way stop. The driver (also a friend of mine) was bruised up a little bit, but okay. She flew off the back and ended up in the middle of the intersection but broke her neck in the process.

Still to this day, anytime I even THINK about slowing down, or sitting somewhere stopped I ALWAYS have one eye on the mirrors ready to pull out of the way. Also, I make a point to always have an out. This may seem a little paranoid or whatever, but It has saved my life a few times now.

Sounds like you got pretty lucky. If it were me in your shoes, I don't know if would have been someone's hood ornament, being fished out of the ditch, or be sitting there [as you were] except with a little more cushioning in the panteloneses.

GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!!!!!