IGNORED

Air Pressure Gauge

SilvrT

Taking all things discussed so far into account, I'm thinking I could be using my Progressive pump that I use for the shocks to check the tire pressure and for that matter, even use it to add air. I'm thinking it might be more accurate as it goes from 0 - 50 psi (I think). One thing for sure is it's would be an "all-in-one" process with zero air loss. That being said tho, it would take a lot more "pumping" to add air to the tires than it would the shocks which might wear out the progressive pump quicker.

I gotta admit guys ... I never imagined in my wildest dreams that my initial post would evolve into such a deep, technical discussion which, while entertaining and educational, is waaayyyyyyy over this old computer tekkie's head and for all intents and purposes, a lot more info than I was looking for LOL ... but hey... it's ALL GOOD :thumbsup2:

See what you've done ??? AGAIN !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You know, Things happen, sometimes pretty quick and whalla you're involved in a Discussion which ends in recognizing both Sides meant the same Thing ....

I've always hoped (not calibration tested) that a 50psi gauge would be more accurate than a 100psi gauge. Thats speculation on my part. But my theory anyway..

Usually, you're absolutely right. It always depends on two Factors. The Target Value you're going to measure and the Accuracy of the Device you're using. When measuring 42 psi, a 50 psi Gauge usually has a more accurate reading than a 100 psi Gauge, just because you're measuring near the Top End of the 50 psi Gauge, whereas the 100 psi Gauge is right in the Middle of it's Range and provides not the best Result because of the Situation described above. That is when both Gauge provide the same typical Error to begin with. Nobody(hopefully) is trying to tighten down a 10 ft.lbs Bolt with a 140 ft.lbs Torque Wrench, just because this would produce a real Torque on the Bolt anywhere between 4.4 and 15.6 ft.lbs. Whatever you're trying to measure, if you want a Result near the Capabilities of your Device, stay in the upper Half of the Range at least. Chances of wrong Results are much higher and the typical Error has a more drastic Influence on the Value measured.

LilBeaver, thank you for your Clarification. I couldn't understand 100 Percent of what you were saying before i posted my Comment, but now it makes all Sense to me.

I could have done better with my Words in first Place, more on the Point, it should have been more clear what I'm talking about ... That's like me .. babbling ... Lots of it ...:missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth:

Taking all things discussed so far into account, I'm thinking I could be using my Progressive pump that I use for the shocks to check the tire pressure and for that matter, even use it to add air. I'm thinking it might be more accurate as it goes from 0 - 50 psi (I think). One thing for sure is it's would be an "all-in-one" process with zero air loss. That being said tho, it would take a lot more "pumping" to add air to the tires than it would the shocks which might wear out the progressive pump quicker.

While you are busy trying to pump up your tires with your progressive pump, the rest of us will be busy riding not to mention by the time you finish it'll be time to put 'er up for the winter. :rasberry:

Seriously though, checking your tires with that would work just fine, but there is no way I am going to be laying on the ground next to my bike trying to fill my tires with my progressive pump :scorched::scorched:.

I could have done better with my Words in first Place, more on the Point, it should have been more clear what I'm talking about ... That's like me .. babbling ... Lots of it ...

Well... You are not the only one :whistling:

So, we got out for a ride Saturday ... put on appx 250km or so ... the adjusted tire pressures with the new gauge made a world of difference so apparently I have been running on less than optimum air pressure ever since I got the scoot but never really realized it until I put on the smaller front tire (and tested with a different gauge).