Hi,

Anyone have any info on whether 2 '84's could be parked side by side inside a Trike sized BikeBarn?

http://www.thebikebarn.net/images/smartbarn_sidecar.jpg

I guess what it comes down to is: can they be parked side by side in less than 72"? Which is the response from the good folks at BikeBarn. I am thinking I may need to use a nose to tail apporoach.

My bikes are still in winter storage in my dad's garage so I can't run out and measure.

I am looking for a storage solution for next winter, as dad's garage will not be available to me then.

The BB and a bit of real estate in my side garden, is looking like my best solution so far.

Thoughts, advice, experience, 2 bikes handy to measure?

Thanks,

Brian H.

PS, there seems to be a free shipping sale on at BB till the end of March!

Garage in a box (HUGE) I can park the car and a bike in there

and still have plenty of room left over. it did real well this

past Iowa Winter ! I am very happy with it.

It is I think 16 x 24

about $275.00 I got mine at Menard's

They do make smaller one's as well.

scroll down and you will see them

http://www.winbuyer.com/cat-113/keyword-garage%20in%20a%20box/init-1/D-09042007/C-Type2_7/wbtag-7200113/?c=7200113&gclid=CNT3kd2GwqACFQQNDQodulGPZg

ShelterLogic makes them.

Jeff

Thanks Cougar, for the GIB suggestion, it is a good idea.

I am wondering about such a structure and local bylaws though. I will need to ask some questions at town hall first I think. (I was recently cited for having an improperly stored tent trailer on my other side yard that had been there at least 10 years so presumably either some fascists have taken over or a neighbor got pissed at me)

Anyways, I did a quick bit of measuring last evening when I was at my dad's place and it seems that 2 bikes side by side is doable within the 72" width. Each bike measured 32 inches across the widest part of the fairing and 37 from mirror tip to mirror tip.

Cheers,

Brian H.

Garage in a box (HUGE) I can park the car and a bike in there

and still have plenty of room left over. it did real well this

past Iowa Winter ! I am very happy with it.

It is I think 16 x 24

about $275.00 I got mine at Menard's

They do make smaller one's as well.

scroll down and you will see them

http://www.winbuyer.com/cat-113/keyword-garage%20in%20a%20box/init-1/D-09042007/C-Type2_7/wbtag-7200113/?c=7200113&gclid=CNT3kd2GwqACFQQNDQodulGPZg

ShelterLogic makes them.

Jeff

I did the same thing and went to my city hall, they said for my town

since it is (movable) there is no problem. does not need a permit as well'

I went to the hardware store and put in about 8 more hold downs with the 4 that come with it. holding up real well.

Jeff

I find that a local retail chain stocks the Shelter Logic products.

I am looking at a 10 x 10-ft Shed in a Box as it seems a better fit for the area I have in mind and still seems to offer a good amount of space inside.

Customer reviews of the GIB and the SIB's seem mixed, I'd also like to get a sense of how the door / end panels are fitted, so I'd like to find a store in the area that has a demo one set up to view but have not found one yet. I guess its a lot of retail floor space to tie up.

Cheers,

Brian H.