IGNORED

Front and Rear Fender Removal

Hey guys. Curious as to how I remove the front and rear fender. On the front it looks ok. Have to remove the bracket between the forks and then there are two bolts on each side that bolt into the forks. Is that all I need to remove to get the front fender off? As for the rear fender, I havent even taken a look yet. I'm painting the bike right now. I've already done the saddlebags, trunk, and the left side of the body. I had to buy a replacement piece for the right side so i'm waiting on it to get here. thanks guys!

Front fender is easy, remove the 4 bolts and the speedo cable, and take the fender off. The rear fender, well, I really don't know about that one. Never had a reason to take it off! How about it, guys and gals, how does the rear fender come off??? :think::think::think:

The rear is held by 4 bolts. The bottom 2 you can see once you take the saddle bags off. The top 2 are from the inside of the fender. If you feel the inside edge of the fender just above the wheel you will find them.

For that front fender, bike on center stand, after the brace is removed and the four bolts holding the fender to the fork tubes, you may find if you jack the front of the bike up, (I use a floor car jack with plywood under oil pan) you can slide the front fender from between the front fork tubes towards the front of the bike with no damage to the front fender.

For the rear fender, lower the bike down on the front wheel, remove the saddlebags, pull the rear wheel by removing the rear axle and right side muffler, remove the 4 fender bolts, and while you have the rear wheel off, grease the splines for the final drive and drive shaft. It's nice to have a great looking bike, but it is every bit as important to have a bike that is mechanically sound.

While you are at it, check the rear brake pads. Most owners don't attend to this end of their bikes very often, this would be an excellent opportunity to take care of EVERYTHING that needs to be addressed on the rear of your VR.:thumbsup2:

Earl