IGNORED

1200 '85 cb

Chaharly

it might of been an option with the Royale. Do not quote me on that.

I know you will need different plastic that I think you can get off of the MKII's. I dug into this a while back but did not follow up on it. I would like to get mine in someday.

Others with more knowledge on this will chime in. I am sure my thread I had is somewhere buried and deep.

I was kinda llooking at finding one for my 85 also, but gave up when i couldnt find one that wouldnt require changes to the bike.

I was thinking about the handlebar mount J&M instead though, it looked easier to install and its newer technology so I think you might get better respsonse out of it.

Brian

I was kinda llooking at finding one for my 85 also, but gave up when i couldnt find one that wouldnt require changes to the bike.

I was thinking about the handlebar mount J&M instead though, it looked easier to install and its newer technology so I think you might get better respsonse out of it.

Brian

Being a cheap sort I just velcro'd a handheld Cobra WX38 CB to the panel above the CLASS on the '83. Cost me about $50 bucks off Ebay. I'd love to have a J&M but my wallet keeps saying no..no..no......

Being a cheap sort I just velcro'd a handheld Cobra WX38 CB to the panel above the CLASS on the '83. Cost me about $50 bucks off Ebay. I'd love to have a J&M but my wallet keeps saying no..no..no......

Jack youre not cheap, it would be called fiscally responsible.......thats something that Ive never been accused of....lol

Brian

I have a MKII CB installed in my MKI. I moved the class up to the front and put the CB in that spot. I had to make a filler out of the plastic that I took out. Works fine and looks like it is suppose to be there. You need to get the CB and the mounting bracket. You also have to do a little wiring. The hardest part to get was the cable that goes across from the CB to the Radio with the right angle plugs.

You will need new plastic face plate that it fits into, and if you dont already have the radio and amp you will also need those for the factory cb to work, and you will need to make a jumper for the plug if you dont get the cassette with it.

I have an 83 and whoever had it before me did put the am/fm, and cb radio on it and it works fine. All the top fairing peices for mounting the radios will work as long as they are 83-93.

You can find them new at Bikebandit.com