IGNORED

Any thing worth doing.....

straycatt

.....is worth over doing.

Or the title could be, yea but it's still white. :thumbdown:

Anyways, my new to me low $$ trailer cleaned up pretty well but it was still white.

I thought that it should probably match my red over dark red scooter a little better, and I also figured that I just didn't have enough money into a toy that I may not even use that much. Sooooo.

I picked up two new tire/wheel combo's and checked/re-packed the wheel bearings. Then I noticed that the chrome on the coupler was looking a tad shabby. Another trip to the trailer shop solved that little problem.

I had also went through all of the wiring and rearranged the tail lights from red running/stop with amber turns signals, to all four red running/stop/turns. (thanks for all of the help guys)

After the light re-wire I decided that all of those conventional lights were pulling a lot of power and leds are the way to go. One more trip to the trailer store (and way too much money lighter) and I have the full compliment of tail lights/clearance markers/license plate leds awaiting install when the paint is done. 60 total leds.

Well, you can't go that far without going even further, so the two tone paint to match the scoot is in process. It was a huge pain getting the factory graphics/pin stripping off.

All of the rust was ground (grinded?) off of the trailer frame and a couple of coats of Rustoleum applied.

Did I forget to mention the seven tie down loops that are going inside to make it easier to keep things inside in place?

Maybe I should start working on a design for a cooler carrier and a spare tire bracket???

I really hope I don't dislike pulling a trailer behind my bike. I've never pulled one with two wheels before.

pics so far

Looks good!!!

.....is worth over doing.

Or the title could be, yea but it's still white. :thumbdown:

Anyways, my new to me low $$ trailer cleaned up pretty well but it was still white.

I thought that it should probably match my red over dark red scooter a little better, and I also figured that I just didn't have enough money into a toy that I may not even use that much. Sooooo.

I picked up two new tire/wheel combo's and checked/re-packed the wheel bearings. Then I noticed that the chrome on the coupler was looking a tad shabby. Another trip to the trailer shop solved that little problem.

I had also went through all of the wiring and rearranged the tail lights from red running/stop with amber turns signals, to all four red running/stop/turns. (thanks for all of the help guys)

After the light re-wire I decided that all of those conventional lights were pulling a lot of power and leds are the way to go. One more trip to the trailer store (and way too much money lighter) and I have the full compliment of tail lights/clearance markers/license plate leds awaiting install when the paint is done. 60 total leds.

Well, you can't go that far without going even further, so the two tone paint to match the scoot is in process. It was a huge pain getting the factory graphics/pin stripping off.

All of the rust was ground (grinded?) off of the trailer frame and a couple of coats of Rustoleum applied.

Did I forget to mention the seven tie down loops that are going inside to make it easier to keep things inside in place?

Maybe I should start working on a design for a cooler carrier and a spare tire bracket???

I really hope I don't dislike pulling a trailer behind my bike. I've never pulled one with two wheels before.

pics so far

Looks great! I didnt think I would like a trailer either...turns out I do. It allows us the room to carry all that we need without cramming or worrying about creative packing. It sure has made our long trips more comfortable. They usually handle very well. The one you have looks alot like my first one and was great behind my 1 st gen.

You will like having a trailer

I started pulling a trailer a couple of years back

Now I have a Bunkhouse Camper

Load it up and it out for a day trip and get adjusted to it

Pay attention to your trailer width

You don't want to hit curbs on holes with the wheels

Try a few stops from different speeds NOT PANIC STOPS

Just to be aware of the extra breaking distance

After that you wont even know it back there

Ride Safe

Nice work! Sounds like someone might have too much time on their hands.

I just sold my trailer. I found I never used it and it just sat about the yard full of camping gear.

http://home.powergate.ca/~bjh/pix/bikeandtrailer.jpg

A guy came along and offered me about what I had into it, so I sold it.

I liked having a trailer and I liked the idea of being able to carry camping gear and stuff, but in practice it never got used. No one else in my family is interested in m/c camping so unless I feel like solitude, its a no go that never got done.

As a utility, I found I could do things like take a propane bottle to the depot for a refill or take a car radiator to the shop for a recore or carry a lawn chair along to a concert in the park, but really it was more work than putting same into the trunk of the car and by the time I had the trailer on, the easy to park bike advantage disappeared too.

It was home made (by someone else) and a bit Rube Goldberg but it towed really well and but for the rattles, I could easily forget it was there.

Oh well, now I have some cash in hand for my next hair brained scheme.

Hope you get lots of fun out of yours! Cheers,

Brian H.

Well.....I got the rest of the color on the trailer, even towed it around the neighborhood. It tows great, what little I pulled it.

Then I (and when I say "I" I mean the wife) decided that the color didn't quite match the bike or even the two shades on the trailer, sooooooo.

Off it comes to be repainted. :doh:

I'm not certain what color it's going to wind up yet, maybe black or the burgundy lower shade that I like a lot. Maybe a combination of the two. Just waiting on the weather to spray some more paint.:snow2:

Looks to me the problem is not the paint, but rather a lack of chrome :D :doh: Maybe some chromed fenders, or a chromed luggage rack for the top, or ...:stickpoke: Might consider a pin stripe between the colors to set it off a little. Be less work then re-painting ....

• 2 weeks later...

Looks Great !!

I really enjoy pulling the BEERCART . Wife and I go out on day trips with really no plans . It's a nice feeling knowing that if you run across some deals on the way , there is a way to bring them home . At our Rolling Thunder and some M & E's events when I ride up on just the scoot , everyone asks ,"Where's the BEERCART" ?

I wished I had more time to play , I would thoroughly enjoy building another trailer .

BEER30