IGNORED

looks inevitable

hipshot

i'm gonna have to trade my '86, in on a h.d.!

those guys, can ride everyday in shorts, t-shirts, sandals, and NEVER a helmet.

never see or hear of them guys getting creamed by a blue haired old lady in a new caddy!

i think , there is a "subliminal" ,"bulls eye", painted on ALL big yamahas, that only "non-riders", can see!

it is getting to a point, where just going out for an afternoon ride, is too risky, let alone an all out long distance tour!

just jt

Gene Jeff might be willing to give up his pink chaps for a fellow rider. Then hipshot won't have to worry about them little old blue hairs.

Margart

Jeff will not have to give up his PINK chaps . I think we can make hipshot a set of PINK "Cowboya" chaps of his very own. Complete with lace or fringe .:rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

I could only imagine hipshot singing " I got spurs that jingle , jangle , jingle .......,as he rides off into the sunset on a HD !

I think I might make me a set of "woolies" for myself.

BEER30

Hipshot,

Reason they wear those clothes is their used to their bikes breaking down so much that they dress lite for long walks.

:yikes:

buddy

I'm with you hipshot. To many venture riders going down......... It could be the HD guys have the advantage LOUDER PIPES. Keep me in your prayers mamamo was discussing painting her 99 trike and she hasn't ruled out PINK. I'm the chauffer.

Guest Old Iron Rider

never see or hear of them guys getting creamed by a blue haired old lady in a new caddy!

How the **** can anyone joke about this subject.

You don't think I have fallen brothers and sisters that I miss EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You folks just lost a member of this forum last week and not a week later you are joking about "getting creamed by blue haired ladies"

You aren't describing the typical Harley rider you are describing your kids on those Yamaha body bag bikes doing wheelies out on the freeways.

I came to this forum to learn about the RSV and the RSTD but just about every week there is some wise crack about the HD rider, and I'm tired of it.

And this is the straw that broke the camels back. How can anyone make light of this and be so insensitive on this subject. Are you ****in insane.

I'm going back to my Harley forum where we don't care WHAT you ride, just as long as you ride. And the first thread I'm opening is the "Lost Rider" thread. I'm going to give the respect deserving of those who have lost their lives in the pursuit of what they loved and lived, the biker lifestyle.

Goodbye and good riddance..........Old Iron Rider

You don't think I have fallen brothers and sisters that I miss EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You folks just lost a member of this forum last week and not a week later you are joking about "getting creamed by blue haired ladies"

You aren't describing the typical Harley rider you are describing your kids on those Yamaha body bag bikes doing wheelies out on the freeways.

I came to this forum to learn about the RSV and the RSTD but just about every week there is some wise crack about the HD rider, and I'm tired of it.

And this is the straw that broke the camels back. How can anyone make light of this and be so insensitive on this subject. Are you ****in insane.

I'm going back to my Harley forum where we don't care WHAT you ride, just as long as you ride. And the first thread I'm opening is the "Lost Rider" thread. I'm going to give the respect deserving of those who have lost their lives in the pursuit of what they loved and lived, the biker lifestyle.

GOOD GRIEF -IRON RIDER---go take a pill--sit down --calm down a little bit--let your blood pressure level out . Then go outside and and try to find out where that leak is on your hd. chill brother----Buzzard

I don't know about most places but there was a wreck on I-64 just east of Mt. Sterling, Ky. last Friday that took the lives of 1 of 3 couples riding their Ultra's on a multi state tour from Oklahoma. It was raining and they stopped to put rain gear on and a pick up hit at least 2 of the couples bikes and 1 couple must've been too close and got killed. Another couple was injured and the 3rd couple was spared.

Eddie Flinchum

We Had A Constable Get Creamed Last Week Here. Cager Was Tyring To Find The Cell Phone Hit His Bike And Them Him As He Was Writing One Of Those "go Fast Awards". Tossed Him 90 Feet, He Didn't Make It.....i Wish They Would Outlaw Celphone Usage When Driving.

gene! you and margaret, JUST AIN'T RIGHT!!!!!

hell i won't even wear a pink t- shirt!

i have a couple of those. happens when the "boss half", washes t shirts ,with a "red rag"!

lol

just jt

Why not JT are you afraid that you would look like a big piece of cotton candy?:nanner:

Pink is the new black.

Jeff

I dont think that it is that HD people arent getting hit I think that this is a Yamaha site so you hear about the the bikers down on them. I bet if you go to a HD site you will see the same thing there with the HD riders. Its getting bad for all riders regardless of what you are driving so just be extra careful.

Paul

JT, Don't feel picked on. I just bought a full size Toyota Tundra that makes a Hummer look small. They are still aiming for me. Had to dodge a blue hair on a cell phone this weekend while running errands. I even leave the headlights and driving lamps on in the day and they still don't see me.

snowbird season is about to start down here a , few million bluehairs little old ladies [ male and female ] will be coming , and as some of you know i am 1 of those riders that wear t shirt , shorts and not flip-flops , topsiders , now i am dusting of the 3/4 helmet ,boots , vest and levies . most fla. riders ride very aware , we have to classify all cagers , how young ,how old , how are they driving , if they can see over the steering wheel , on the cell phone , yelling or playing with the kids and lots more . a lot of us like to ride in packs during the winter so we can share the load of keeping a watch out , it is not uncommon it be riding by your self and have other riders fall in with you for protection , down here two or more bikes together is best and safer . remember never pull off to the side of the road , pull into a driveway or parking lot , if cagers are staring a you they will drive to you , if your on the side of the road , they only have a few feet to catch them self .

i love HD riders with loud pipes , i always let them lead , it bothers the cagers but it also make them look and are aware that there is a m/c around them , remember if a cager is glaring and *****ing at a m/c , they are paying attention to it . popping your throttle at a stop lite is a good thing because all the cagers are glaring at you . but as we all know , V4s are not as loud as a HD plus we have radios , so the next time you see a HD don't cuss them just let um go by and watch their back they 'll watch the front .

by the way , how many of us are HD or xHD riders ?

i have owned and road 9 of them from a 69 sportty to a '72 - 72 chopper , even had a 45 flathead trike .

GEEEZE!! talk about thin skinned!!!!!

and YES! i was absolutely talking about 90%,of the h.d. riders, in this part of the world!

i think someone told me, that in three years, harley sales in victoria county, alone, rose by 2000%!!!

that is a LOT of new riders, learning to ride!

just jt

p.s.: sorry guys. i didn't intend for this post to run anyone away from our group!

john

• 1 month later...
Guest KitCarson

Hey Old Iron Rider......do not run off mad!! I do not know when this thread all started I just found it. Want to know something about the Venture, ask us we will tell you something, even if it is wrong. Hey good thing I did not find it, I like to ride Harleys, Like to tease too, you would have been loading up your guns if I had been here!!

Bikers are free spirits.......we are not like other people, yes we are always saddened by the loss of someone on any bike, not just this site, but anyone who gets hurt or killed on a bike, it does touch us all. Thing is life does go on, one cannot live in fear, or let it control you. I may do down on one tomorrow, hey it is something I love to do.

Do not be so hard on yourself.......anyone on here will help you about any question or issue with a Venture or RSTD. Teasing, life, fun, bikes, and a smile........we will behave, at least long enough to sneak up on you!!

p.s.: sorry guys. i didn't intend for this post to run anyone away from our group!

john

JT,

Dont worry about brother, some folks just have bad days and post when they get on the site. Even though they shouldn't be here that day at all because everything will set them off.

If he wants to leave, that is his perogitive, nobody is being forced to stay here....looks like PMS is setting in early for many folks :(