IGNORED

Peirce my nuts today !

BEER30

:no-no-no: :no-no-no: No., No , No .... not them there nutts , but the scoot's seat nuts .:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Having heard people talking about being able to take the scoots seat off for multiple reasons , wing nuts vibrating off and loosing them , or not being able to access a wrench easily . So I did the same thing like I did for my saddle bag bolts .

Using the original nuts off the stock seat , I drilled a hole completely through the bottom of the 2 seat nuts using an 1/8" bit . I took an 1" stainless steel split ring (like used on key rings) and threaded one through each holes of the each nut . Then I took a stainless steel 10" fishing leader (one end has swivel and other end a snap hook) and thread the swivel end into one of the split rings on one of the nuts . Then I re-attached the nuts back onto the seat , then thread the fishing leader over to the other nut and connected the snap into the other split ring/nut .The leader prevents the nuts from backing off . Cost was only a few dollars and took about 15 minutes to make .

Here's a photo .

BEER30

Gene I am so sorry to hear about your horrible accident. I only hope that I can find a Hallmark for this problem. I would suggest sitting in a nice warm tub of water.

Mama:confused24:

But Mama , they would rust ! Where's a Nurse when ya need one ?:rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Gene,

I removed the two stock steel nuts.

Then installed two plastic nuts of same size........

They both thread on by hand, they dont vibrate off, and are easily removed by hand....no tools required......