IGNORED

FedEx compliant

jfoster

I odered a helmet last wk. Checked the tracking yestered (fri) and it indicated that it was delivered on thur at 5:08 pm. I was home and there was no packaged delivered. Looked all around and found nothing. Called Fedex and got a claim #. I asked them to contact the driver and ask where it he put it. By friday evening, still no call, no delivery guy. Call em back, lady says we're waiting on the driver to respond.

I can see this is probably gonna be a long drawn out deal. Who knows what he did with it.

Any advise with these ya-ho's.

I odered a helmet last wk. Checked the tracking yestered (fri) and it indicated that it was delivered on thur at 5:08 pm. I was home and there was no packaged delivered. Looked all around and found nothing. Called Fedex and got a claim #. I asked them to contact the driver and ask where it he put it. By friday evening, still no call, no delivery guy. Call em back, lady says we're waiting on the driver to respond.

I can see this is probably gonna be a long drawn out deal. Who knows what he did with it.

Neighbors maybe? I've had a neighbor take a package off my door step. I WAS NOT a happy person with that situation. I'll stop with that!

Ben

I have found them in my garage from time to time.

Also in the front seat of my truck.

They have dropped them off at my neighbors as well

if the helmet as the be singed for they will not just drop it

off unless you have singed a form for them to leave it and

there not liable. check with the neighbors.

FedEx is a little more tighter then UPS on leaving packages

when no one is home.

I myself still think BOTH of them have outstanding service.

I also go on both of there sites and enter my email and it

will ring you phone telling you were and when they dropped the

package off.

Jeff

Come to think of it , I had some ones huge package dropped off

at my door a couple months ago. wrong addy, wrong street, the right addy was about a mile away, I was real expensive photography stuff like 2 grand worth. I delivered it to the right address myself, I got a hug out of the deal :D

I have previously had attempted delivery in Edmonton AB, but the delivery address was in Victoria BC (my Brothers place). I got on the phone with the courier co & asked WTF with the attempted delivery in Edmonton, as I track any shipments. :2cents:

If fedEx makes a delivery, they have in the past left a delivery slip on one of my doors indicating where it was left.

When we get a substitute driver, we almost always get items delivered to my sons place of business. His address is 116 Bridge street and my addy is 116 Water Street and believe it or not, it's the same street.

I've always had pretty decent luck with FedX and with UPS. The one that I almost ALWAYS had trouble with was DHL. The worse case was once in Dallas where the tracking showed the package delivered but I didn't have it. I called and they sent the driver back. It was a woman and she had apparently left it in a mailbox down the street. First of all, they aren't supposed to use the mail boxes to start with. I was sitting on my porch and saw her drive down the road, take my package out of a mail box, then drive by my house and never slowed down, just threw it out the window into my yard as she passed by. Last I heard, DHL had stopped doing business in the USA and I was glad to hear it.

Edited by Freebird

Guest seuadr
I've always had pretty decent luck with FedX and with UPS. The one that I almost ALWAYS had trouble with was DHL. The worse case was once in Dallas where the tracking showed the package delivered but I didn't have it. I called and they sent the driver back. It was a woman and she had apparently left it in a mailbox down the street. First of all, they aren't supposed to use the mail boxes to start with. I was sitting on my porch and saw her drive down the road, take my package out of a mail box, then drive by my house and never slowed down, just through it out the window into my yard as she passed by. Last I heard, DHL had stopped doing business in the USA and I was glad to hear it.

:rolleyes:

these are the kinds of people that expect the utmost service themselves, but can't be bothered to give any. i wish, deep down, that my job was to police them. i'd use a stick, and some funny tattoos. If i couldn't rehabilitate them, at least i could mark'em, so that everyone knew who to look out for!

:rasberry:

only problem iv'e had is both UPS and Fed-Ex seem to want to deliver my packages across the road from me ( I'm 8918, he's 8919) fortunatly, the guy is a real nice guy and sends them my way. Although we get enough UPS stuff now that the delivery driver knows better.

I might have an advantage with both UPS and FedEx - We have had the same UPS driver for 25 years and one of the FedEx drivers is a friend and riding buddy.

Did you know that your FedEx driver is most likely an independent contractor ? He/she owns their truck and bought the "route" from FedEx. The thing about FedEx is that there are several methods of delivery, regular home, overnight and express and they even have delivery available via semi as long as you have facilities to load/unload.

I'm sure UPS has pretty much the same -

I was sitting on my porch and saw her drive down the road, take my package out of a mail box, then drive by my house and never slowed down, just through it out the window into my yard as she passed by.

OMG.:eek: Maybe she used to work at the airport as a baggage handler?