IGNORED

Dano have starter clutch ?

Dan i have my local dealer ask me about your mod and says he has a lot of vmax owners asking about starter clutch upgrades. would it be ok to give him your contact info for these vmax owners. i didn't want to give the info until i asked you about it. And i will pm you when i get my flywheel off.

Edited by cap'n eddie

Hey Cap'n...

You get that new puller and check it out yet?

Mike

No i am waiting on ups to show up but as soon as it gets here im on it until win.:smash2: I have all the other parts needed just need the puller so i can send rotor to Dano

well i recieved my flywheel puller today and went out and installed it on the flywheel cranked it down with my electric impack gun, then took a hammer hit the center bolt on the puller and off came the flywheel on the first try. worked so good i tryed it on a crank i bought for a friend that had a rotor still on it and same thing came right off like the first one. This puller was worth the money. it's the one sold by pcw racing. boxed up my rotor and took it to post office and it's on it's way to Dano. :clap2:

Nahhh.....nuttins that easy! LOL! What were you using? A 3/4 drive? 8 lbs sledge? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I'm sorry.......after my first big fight with mine.......I'm just envious.

Well congrats on the first step. Going back on is a lot easier.

You're going to be happy with it I know. Wish I could have done this mod three years ago.

Mine was always the worst when it was cold. Slip and chatter like crazy. Now I go out in the morning, 15 degrees out, full choke, no throttle, hit the button and it's running before I take my finger off the button. :happy34:

Makes me grin.

Mike

Didn't see this thread out there before, but anyone who knows someone with the starter clutch problem be it 1st gen Venture or Vmax, this mod does the same for both. Feel free to pass out my contact info:

danob11@comcast.net email

317-370-0139 cell

One reminder tho, the price for non-VR.org members is $295.00, gaskets priced the same at an additional $15. I do appreciate a heads up when someone is going to send their rotor to me, as it helps to make sure I have parts in stock.

I want to thank all of you for your help in getting the word out on this repair, the more we help, the more that can ride!

Dan